Wiki Posts
Search

Booking question Rossiya Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2011, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Booking question Rossiya Airlines

In an effort to save several hundred dollars I booked 3 tickets from LED-HEL myself on the Rossiya Airlines site. However, I mistakenly listed the last names as the first names. I tried to email Rossiya Air to correct the mistake but their mailbox is full!!! Does anyone have any experience in LED and could give me an opinion as to whether or not this is going to cause a problem or what I should do. Thanks.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by upgraded
In an effort to save several hundred dollars I booked 3 tickets from LED-HEL myself on the Rossiya Airlines site. However, I mistakenly listed the last names as the first names. I tried to email Rossiya Air to correct the mistake but their mailbox is full!!! Does anyone have any experience in LED and could give me an opinion as to whether or not this is going to cause a problem or what I should do. Thanks.
Are you sure about this? I just bought two tickets on Rossiya's website. It specifically asks for last name, first name passenger information (in that order and in line with a typical Russian listing of names). The website says that they have 24 hour reservation phone line but I haven't tried it personally (yet).
Old Jun 18, 2011, 6:27 pm

Programs: Aeroflot Gold, DL Silver, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, NEXUS
Arrow Try to correct it

Greetings,

I do have a lot of experience in LED, both for myself and for clients. Call them to try to correct the mistake; the could be very strict at the airport (as you are dealing with the airline, customs and immigration).
Old Jul 13, 2011, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your response. After 17 unanswered emails I had a Russian friend call the airline for me. They told her that it happened all the time and that there wouldn't be any problems. I'm not so confident. This trip isn't until September. I'll post my experiences.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Just to update the post: everything went smoothly and no one mentioned the reversal of names.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by upgraded
Just to update the post: everything went smoothly and no one mentioned the reversal of names.
Glad to hear that. Did you fly into Terminal 1? Quite a throwback to the old days.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 3:41 am

Programs: BA
Rossiya use both terminals at LED, in the same way their predecessor Pulkovo Airlines did. T1 is used for domestic flights and the quite extensive numbers of charters to holiday resorts. T2 is used for international flights. Regarding "old days", T2 is actually the older one, classic Soviet building style from the 1950s, always seems like a high school inside. Vilnius, now in Lithania, has a terminal building which is very similar. St Petersburg T1 is the newer one, opened 1973, again to a style favoured elsewhere across the USSR at the time.

For straightforward travel between Helsinki and St Petersburg the new Allegro train service, speeded up and now with four trains each way a day, has taken much of the former air traffic between the cities. It's just a regular train, you buy your tickets at the station and go. Principal usage of the remaining air service is those connecting at Helsinki.

Last edited by WHBM; Sep 19, 2011 at 3:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.