Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

Moscow Metro - 2 different maps showing different stations !!

Old Mar 10, 2011, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Don't think it matters...

Hi Folks,

I took a moscow metro map from the reception of the hotel ( Moscow Street by Street Visitors Guide -Map 1). In the room there was another map in a brochure named Cultural map of Moscow from Capital Tours..
The funny part is the following...
In Map 1, it shows a station Vystavochnaya in line 4 and it shows the last station as Mezhdunarodnaya in 1 direction.. In the this metro stop (Vyst..) is not shown whereas the last station in that direction is Delovoy Tcenter and seems 1 stop away from Mezh.. I travelled in this line and it seems Map 1 is correct since i got down at Vystavochnaya and the last station on the train was Mezhdunarodnaya..
Again, in line 3, the last station in Map 1 shows Mitino as the last station whereas in the other map its shows as Pyatnitskaya

I am guessing that in the other map, it also shows the future proposed stations but the disappearance of 1 station as given above in this map is confusing ..
There maybe more differences between the two maps but I didnt look in detail.. Both these maps were also available in another hotel so both seem popular..
What can be the plausible explanation for this ?

Abhi

Last edited by abhilife2001; Mar 10, 2011 at 1:41 pm
Old Mar 10, 2011, 3:03 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Yes, some maps will show proposed extensions to the line (usually indicated by not completely filling in the colour). So for example I think Pyatnitskaya on the dark blue line is due to open next year.

As for Vystavochnaya, it used to be called Delovoy Tsentr but the name was changed a couple of years ago so quite simply one of the maps you have is little older than the other. A station has not mysteriously vanished, just had a name change, which is pretty plausible!
Old Mar 13, 2011, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bcmatt
Yes, some maps will show proposed extensions to the line (usually indicated by not completely filling in the colour). So for example I think Pyatnitskaya on the dark blue line is due to open next year.

As for Vystavochnaya, it used to be called Delovoy Tsentr but the name was changed a couple of years ago so quite simply one of the maps you have is little older than the other. A station has not mysteriously vanished, just had a name change, which is pretty plausible!
Hmmm.. thanks for the clarification..
Old Mar 14, 2011, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bcmatt

So, today I got hold of both the maps again (since I came back to Moscow)..
The Moscow Street by Street Visitors Guide -Map 1 shows 2 stations after Kievskaya .. Vystavochnaya is the 1st one and the line terminates at Mezhdunarodnaya..
The other map Cultural map of Moscow from Capital Tours also shows 2 stations after Kievskaya.. BUT the 1st one is Mezhdunarodnaya and the line terminates at Delovoy Tsentr ..
As u informed that Delovoy Tsentr has been renamed Vystavochnaya, this means in this map after Kievskaya 1st comes Mezhdunarodnaya and then Vystavochnaya..
From my usage of this line , I believe Map 1 showing Vystavochnaya as the 1st one and the line terminating at Mezhdunarodnaya is correct..

Unfortunately I dont have a scanner to scan and send the links to u but I guess both these maps are easily available since I easily both in 2 hotels I have been to..
Old Mar 15, 2011, 12:38 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
From Kievskaya the first stop is Vystavochnaya (and it used to be called Delovoy Tsentr) then comes Mezhdunarodnaya, which is the last stop on this little spur of the light-blue line.

I would get rid of the Cultural Map of Moscow, it sounds both old and wrong.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 12:41 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
You can always go to the official metro site to check the map and plan a journey:

http://engl.mosmetro.ru/flash/scheme01.html
Old Mar 15, 2011, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dcmike
From Kievskaya the first stop is Vystavochnaya (and it used to be called Delovoy Tsentr) then comes Mezhdunarodnaya, which is the last stop on this little spur of the light-blue line.

I would get rid of the Cultural Map of Moscow, it sounds both old and wrong.
+1.. already did that but like I said it was surprising since its available in many of the top hotels

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.