Wiki Posts
Search

HK via SVO

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2011, 3:11 am
Original Poster

HK via SVO

Hello everyone,

I have some flights booked in september to Hong Kong. The flight is going via Moscow airport(SVO), and i must transfer from terminal E to F there. Now the connection time is only 1 hour 30 minutes.. Is this enough?! Better to take hand luggage only? Or will my luggage be transfered? (will be flying with AEROFLOT entire journey)

Thank you!
Old Jun 2, 2011, 8:00 am

This is enough I would say. There is no need for any bus anymore as they have opened up a path which connects D, E and F airside. The D, E and F complex is not very huge. Your luggage will be transfered as with any other airline out there. If you are on one ticket this is perfectly okey as Aeroflot will rebook you if you don't make the flight if the incoming flight is delayed.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Brilliant! Thank you William!
Old Jun 3, 2011, 4:31 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
But be forewarned that SU ground handling at SVO isn't that efficient. It's quite common for baggage not to make it onto your connecting flight, even with 1h30m connections (but the chance of this happening is slowly decreasing). Heck, one time they even left 20+ pieces of checked luggage behind and only loaded the ones with priority tags.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 7:31 am
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by toyotaboy95
But be forewarned that SU ground handling at SVO isn't that efficient. It's quite common for baggage not to make it onto your connecting flight, even with 1h30m connections (but the chance of this happening is slowly decreasing). Heck, one time they even left 20+ pieces of checked luggage behind and only loaded the ones with priority tags.
Still better than CDG, where all connecting luggage--regardless of whether it has priority tags--is routinely left behind on 90+ min connections. It causes one to wonder if this is SkyTeam SOP.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 9:23 am

Programs: SQ
Just thinking about a potential problem here.....

I'm not sure about the frequency of the SU flights to HKG, but I imagine no more than 2 a day, and if you miss yours you could be stuck in the airport if you don't have a visa.....I've been reading some reports on a pretty bad experience if this happens, so be aware

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.