SVO3 is open!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SVO3 is open!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2009, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Thumbs up SVO3 is open!

Even though I've had no part in it whatsoever it still tickles me silly to announce <drum roll> that the first flight out of Terminal D, aka SVO3, left the gate 20 minutes ago.

I think this warrants a new thread where we can b*tch and moan.. oops.. exchange useful info, handy tips and so on.

This link to the flights transfer schedule (up to Feb 6) has already been posted elsewhere on FT. I'm still adding it here to keep all the relevant information in one place.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 1:58 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
I may have to change my location information depending on how this goes!

I am really excited - I have had the distinct "pleasure" of using Terminal 1 several times in the last couple of months, and I will be SOOOOO happy not to have to go over there again.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
I will have to change my location information if I sign a new contract in a few days. And my new commute stays at SVO2 even after Feb 6. Well, at least it should be quite empty after everyone moves over to Terminal D...

Here are some pics:
http://www.aviaforum.ru/showpost.php...postcount=3519
http://www.aviaforum.ru/showpost.php...postcount=3520
http://www.aviaforum.ru/showthread.php?t=10971&page=353

November is the cruelest month:
http://www.aviaforum.ru/showpost.php...postcount=3500
Old Nov 17, 2009, 4:25 am

I am still left wondering what is going into Term E when it opens. Are they simply closing 1 and C and going to concentrate everything on one side of the field?
Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:54 am

Programs: AC Elite
OOOH.. I can sense that new airport smell from here....

Looks like my next foray into the RF will be on SU...
Old Nov 20, 2009, 4:52 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
My next jaunt is Feb 17 only. The anticipation is killing me though!!!!
Old Nov 25, 2009, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Contrary to what the SU website claims, KL are staying in Terminal 2. And so are AF. (Word is AFKL are extremely unhappy with what SU are trying to charge them for ground handling at the new terminal)
Old Nov 25, 2009, 11:21 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by woody125
My next jaunt is Feb 17 only. The anticipation is killing me though!!!!
I will be there on the 18th!
Old Nov 25, 2009, 3:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: *A
Certainly good news for those of us that transit through SVO.
Old Nov 26, 2009, 3:01 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by dcmike
I am still left wondering what is going into Term E when it opens. Are they simply closing 1 and C and going to concentrate everything on one side of the field?
Terminal C will definitely remain - it's quite new, however, Aeroflot will move all of its flights fo the other side of the field (D-E-F). The fate of SVO-1 is not clear as far as I know.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 2:08 am

The schedule for moving flights can now be accessed from the Aeroflot main page and has now been updated. In typical Aeroflot fashion,the current schedule makes absolutely no sense. They're going to continue moving flights throughout December, then move NO flights during the ENTIRE month of January, then resume the move in February. The SU and DL flights to JFK are now scheduled to move on February 18.

I'll also be curious to hear about anyone's experience making the transfer from Terminal D (3) to Terminal F (2).
Old Dec 2, 2009, 2:46 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Ah c'mon!!! This finally opens... I gave up on hopes of ever setting foot airside in the new terminal. Not like I ever go to SVO. Awhile back I booked a flight connecting in SVO, hoping the terminal would be open and fully operational... then gave up hope seeing all the delays... and now, now it opens just one month before my scheduled flights into SVO and my flights aren't going to be in the new terminal.

Go and pour more salt on the wound.

Any idea whether there is a airside connection that would allow me to get through? I know it's not likely, but figure I'd ask.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by cfrmn1
. They're going to continue moving flights throughout December, then move NO flights during the ENTIRE month of January, then resume the move in February.
Yeah, but to be fair to Aeroflot, the entire country pretty much shuts down for most of January. I mean, the first 10 days of the year are holidays.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 5:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by dcmike
Yeah, but to be fair to Aeroflot, the entire country pretty much shuts down for most of January. I mean, the first 10 days of the year are holidays.
love your sig line, btw.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
Any idea whether there is a airside connection that would allow me to get through? I know it's not likely, but figure I'd ask.
It sounds crazy, but both F-E and E-D connections are afterthoughts. They started to build them a couple of months ago. Judging by the current speed of construction, they will be finished by late spring at the earliest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.