Search

Miami on Aeroflot

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Jet Privilege
Arrow Miami on Aeroflot

Hi Guys,

Planning to do a DEL-SVO-MIA leg on SU in March 2017, in economy with wife and young child. Couple of questions please.

1) Is the 50 minute transfer within Terminal 2 enough? I have another option to take an earlier flight out of DEL, but don't want to spend 4.5 hrs in SVO with family, killing time.

2) Heard the service on DEL-SVO has been downgraded recently, with no alcohol drinks etc. How's the service on SVO-MIA sector? Last I flew SU, about 12 months back, the service was alright with meals and drinks.

3) Has anybody recently done SVO-MIA on SU, what was your overall flying experience on the sector?

Thanks very much.

- Vishal
Old Aug 25, 2016, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Anybody?
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:06 pm

Programs: BA, Aeroflot Bonus, Miles&Smiles, Hilton Honours
yes

Originally Posted by Vishal Mehra
Hi Guys,

Planning to do a DEL-SVO-MIA leg on SU in March 2017, in economy with wife and young child. Couple of questions please.

1) Is the 50 minute transfer within Terminal 2 enough? I have another option to take an earlier flight out of DEL, but don't want to spend 4.5 hrs in SVO with family, killing time.

2) Heard the service on DEL-SVO has been downgraded recently, with no alcohol drinks etc. How's the service on SVO-MIA sector? Last I flew SU, about 12 months back, the service was alright with meals and drinks.

3) Has anybody recently done SVO-MIA on SU, what was your overall flying experience on the sector?

Thanks very much.

- Vishal
50 mins is enough if the flight is not late if it is late they will rebook you for the later flight. I made connections from terminal F to D in 15 min I guess by 2 you mean B and that will take you 5 minutes walking.

They use 777 and the seats are wide and have a good recline. The aircraft are new and the entertainment system works great and has a selection of new movies.The service provides 2 main meals if flying overnight or 1 main and 1 snack for day flights, alcohol is unlimited but low quality and no vodka...lol

If you want something make a precise request and dont mumble/get to the point as stewards speak limited english and russians dont like small talk.

SVO is one of the best airports for layovers it even has an hourly hotel in transit section and over 50 different restaurants,game rooms,chappell,
Old Aug 30, 2016, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply Oversier. The schedule tells me it might be a 330, not a 777 flying that route, thus confused.

Also, if we have an overnight layover with Aeroflot, would they provide accomodation, if I have the neccesary visa?
Old Sep 3, 2016, 7:15 am

Programs: BA, Aeroflot Bonus, Miles&Smiles, Hilton Honours
Originally Posted by Vishal Mehra
Thanks for the reply Oversier. The schedule tells me it might be a 330, not a 777 flying that route, thus confused.

Also, if we have an overnight layover with Aeroflot, would they provide accommodation, if I have the necessary visa?
330 is a little older but still pretty good even though I did Miami on 777 , they tend to use 330 on Asian routes.

They will not provide accommodation unless your flight gets cancelled.

As I stated there is a hotel inside the transit zone(you dont need a visa as you dont enter Russia) and it can be booked online, just google it. The prices are very reasonable.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.