Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Russia-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

What options are there for trip cancelation refund in Russia?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2015, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+

I bought a flight for a colleague from Russia, on SU at a non-refundable fare. Expedia and other OTAs I tried failed to make the booking due to technical problems, so I had to book directly on the aeroflot site, hence not having the option to add the Expedia trip cancelation insurance or similar.

Can anyone here recommend a Russian travel insurance that also includes trip cancelation for medical reasons?
Old Oct 11, 2015, 4:59 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bamba70
I bought a flight for a colleague from Russia, on SU at a non-refundable fare. Expedia and other OTAs I tried failed to make the booking due to technical problems, so I had to book directly on the aeroflot site, hence not having the option to add the Expedia trip cancelation insurance or similar.

Can anyone here recommend a Russian travel insurance that also includes trip cancelation for medical reasons?
When I have bought tickets for colleagues in Russia (of Russian nationality IIRC) I always the get option at check out to add Alfa Trip Coverage to the purchase. It's normally like 300RUR per direction. Have you seen that option when buying directly from the SU site? I've had success cancelling tickets due to proveable (and they will ask for paperwork) medical issues with passengers but it has taken some time. If you're buying non-refundable fares your options are a bit limited I'm afraid.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by woody125
When I have bought tickets for colleagues in Russia (of Russian nationality IIRC) I always the get option at check out to add Alfa Trip Coverage to the purchase. It's normally like 300RUR per direction. Have you seen that option when buying directly from the SU site? I've had success cancelling tickets due to proveable (and they will ask for paperwork) medical issues with passengers but it has taken some time. If you're buying non-refundable fares your options are a bit limited I'm afraid.
No, I don't recall ever seeing such an option on the SU site. Perhaps they only show this to people who are accessing the site from a Russian IP address?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.