Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transaero overnight layover JFK

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2015, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Transaero overnight layover JFK

In July, I'm flying Delta from ATL to JFK landing at 11:10pm. The next day I'm flying Transaero departing at 2:25pm. I'm not familiar with JFK/international security, but I just want to find a place to sit/nap inside the airport until 5am (when the Delta sky club in terminal 4 opens).

I'm pretty confident I will be landing in terminal 4 (slight chance terminal 2) and it seems that Transaero flies out of terminal 4 so I prefer to stay in termial 4 the whole time.

Here are my questions:
- Where can I go from 11pm-5am to hangout/nap? Are there chairs/carpeted areas where police/security won't bother me?
- Will I get kicked out of the post-security part of terminal 4? In this case, can I get through security around 5am to get to the delta sky club (I don't see why not)?
- Will I have to exit terminal 4 regardless in order to go back through security with my Transaero boarding pass? (not planning on checking a bag but that could change things)

Thank you all.
Old May 26, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by yeldarb99899
In July, I'm flying Delta from ATL to JFK landing at 11:10pm. The next day I'm flying Transaero departing at 2:25pm. I'm not familiar with JFK/international security, but I just want to find a place to sit/nap inside the airport until 5am (when the Delta sky club in terminal 4 opens).

I'm pretty confident I will be landing in terminal 4 (slight chance terminal 2) and it seems that Transaero flies out of terminal 4 so I prefer to stay in termial 4 the whole time.

Here are my questions:
- Where can I go from 11pm-5am to hangout/nap? Are there chairs/carpeted areas where police/security won't bother me?
- Will I get kicked out of the post-security part of terminal 4? In this case, can I get through security around 5am to get to the delta sky club (I don't see why not)?
- Will I have to exit terminal 4 regardless in order to go back through security with my Transaero boarding pass? (not planning on checking a bag but that could change things)

Thank you all.
www.sleepinginairports.net might help with some of your questions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.