Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroflot News & Updates

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2010, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by asnovici
Does anyone know when will the Lounge for Business and ST Elite + passengers be open in Terminal D for International departures?
I would love an answer to this mystery as well...
I have a 6 hour business class layover at the end of August...
Old Apr 8, 2010, 9:51 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
So I posted the question about the Business Lounge in D Terminal in Aeroflot's Open Line on their website on Apr. 5th, following it up with an email to Open Line, and still got no responce. They are either not monitoring their Open Line or simply don't know/don't care enough to bother to respond. Sad.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 7:49 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
So I posted the question about the Business Lounge in D Terminal in Aeroflot's Open Line on their website on Apr. 5th, following it up with an email to Open Line, and still got no responce. They are either not monitoring their Open Line or simply don't know/don't care enough to bother to respond. Sad.
it takes them 7-10 days at least
Old Apr 9, 2010, 8:11 am

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
toyotaboy95, btw have you managed to get compensation for your delayed baggage from the SU?
Old Apr 10, 2010, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by luitje
toyotaboy95, btw have you managed to get compensation for your delayed baggage from the SU?
Got a letter from the [Russian] Manager of SU HKG office a while back (early-March) and all they offered was the difference in transport costs from the hotel due to the delay (requires receipts!!!). I wrote back through the saveliev-info email and told them that I no longer have the receipts with no reply yet. After follow-up with Openline, they said to be patient while waiting for a reply.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: SU/DL/US/MR
Aeroflot is now offering free train service in and out of SVO via Moscow....

http://www.russia-ic.com/news/show/9978/
Old Apr 12, 2010, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by jredknapp11
Aeroflot is now offering free train service in and out of SVO via Moscow....
I understand this is only available to the passengers flying to/from LED.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 8:43 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by rankourabu
I would love an answer to this mystery as well...
I have a 6 hour business class layover at the end of August...
After 8 days of waiting for their response, this is what I got back, and I kept the original writing style intact

"Good afternoon, we thank you for your message. As far as we know, finishing works in lounges are leading now. Unfortunately, we do not have any information about its date of term. "

So, basically no one knows anything and doesn't want to bother to investigate.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
After 8 days of waiting for their response, this is what I got back, and I kept the original writing style intact

"Good afternoon, we thank you for your message. As far as we know, finishing works in lounges are leading now. Unfortunately, we do not have any information about its date of term. "

So, basically no one knows anything and doesn't want to bother to investigate.
Oh the dangers of translate.ru.

I'll be there Sunday night and will update when I get to OVB on Monday. One can only hope I guess...
Old Apr 15, 2010, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

SMS texting yet another new perk added to the SU inflight experience...

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/busine...ce/404046.html
Old Apr 17, 2010, 2:30 pm

SU has a great marketing opportunity here - beat the ash!

While most of Transatlantic flights have been cancelled by most airlines, flights from SVO to JFK, IAD and LAX are still departing from SVO (albeit with a delay on average of 3 hours). I think SU has a great marketing opportunity here to announce that they will accept the stranded DL passengers out of SVO (as well as other airlines' passengers who can get to SVO) to fly them to North America. Since SU flights can take a more northern flight plan, they circumvent the ashes and still fly to the States.

Based on what I read in DL forum there are many DL passengers that know nothing about the opportunity to endorse their DL (or other airlines) tickets to SU, and SU accepting them for their flights. Here is the true opportunity for SU to be a hero, and need to sieze it.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

While most of Transatlantic flights have been cancelled by most airlines, flights from SVO to JFK, IAD and LAX are still departing from SVO (albeit with a delay on average of 3 hours). I think SU has a great marketing opportunity here to announce that they will accept the stranded DL passengers out of SVO (as well as other airlines' passengers who can get to SVO) to fly them to North America. Since SU flights can take a more northern flight plan, they circumvent the ashes and still fly to the States.

Based on what I read in DL forum there are many DL passengers that know nothing about the opportunity to endorse their DL (or other airlines) tickets to SU, and SU accepting them for their flights. Here is the true opportunity for SU to be a hero, and need to sieze it.
There really isn't an option available for SU other then those limited ones who are actually stuck in SVO. No one from the southwest can fly to SVO and use them as a jumping point to North America. Italy or Spain are more viable options due to their clear airspace.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by jredknapp11
Italy or Spain are more viable options due to their clear airspace.
I think the ash is going downwards towards Italy, CX has reported that MXP will be cancelled but FCO will operate as normal...
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:00 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, SQ Gold, Jet Airways Gold, BA Silver, Qatar Silver, Starwood Lifetime Gold
I think SU has a great marketing opportunity here to announce that they will accept the stranded DL passengers out of SVO (as well as other airlines' passengers who can get to SVO) to fly them to North America.

This is from SU's website, was posted yesterday:

Aeroflot transports passengers suffering from airlines cancelling flights to Moscow

April 17, 2010, Moscow. OJSC Aeroflot Russian Airlines helps to transport passengers from other airlines to have cancelled flights to Moscow amid closed airspace with European countries.

On April 16, SU 551 Moscow Bangkok transported 64 passengers of Korean Air and 36 passengers from Singapore Airlines.

On April 17, SU 273 Moscow Nice took onboard 44 Air France passengers. Today AeroFlot plans to carry passengers of Alitalia by SU 277 Moscow - Rome. To transport passengers from Europe AeroFlot expands its capacity at this destination starting from today.

Starting from April 17, Aeroflots flights to active European airports are services with top capacity aircraft, and in case of necessity supplementary flights will be arranged.

More information on amendments to the flight schedule can be obtained at the call-centre: (495)223-55-55, 8-800-333-55-55 or 0933 (pay number), as well as at www.aeroflot.ru.

Department for Public and Government Relations
Old Apr 18, 2010, 1:36 am

Interestingly enough SU now flies their SVO-LAX flights transpacific. Shame there are no speed trains running between Western Europe and Russia - could have been a solution for those heading to the US and Canada.

Last edited by luitje; Apr 18, 2010 at 3:01 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.