Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Dollar.com - 'INCLUSIVE ITEMS ARE DRIVR' means free additional driver, right?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2017, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues

Using the BJ's code, I booked at Dollar.com a car for rental in Canada. At the time of booking the following message appeared:

"INCLUSIVE ITEMS ARE DRIVR"

I took this to mean that one additional driver was included in the price of the rental. However, when I picked up the car, I was told that each additional driver would be charged at $13.50 per day [which is nuts]. I asked about the "INCLUSIVE ITEMS ARE DRIVR" message, but the clerk told me that meant the rental included the primary driver - which makes no sense whatsoever.

So - does "INCLUSIVE ITEMS ARE DRIVR" mean what I'd thought? If so, how can I argue to have the invoice adjusted (contract is still open now, so should be easy enough). Alternatively, if this means something else - what on earth could that be?

Thanks for your advice/experience.

Checkerboard.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by checkerboard
Using the BJ's code, I booked at Dollar.com a car for rental in Canada. At the time of booking the following message appeared:

"INCLUSIVE ITEMS ARE DRIVR"

I took this to mean that one additional driver was included in the price of the rental. However, when I picked up the car, I was told that each additional driver would be charged at $13.50 per day [which is nuts]. I asked about the "INCLUSIVE ITEMS ARE DRIVR" message, but the clerk told me that meant the rental included the primary driver - which makes no sense whatsoever.

So - does "INCLUSIVE ITEMS ARE DRIVR" mean what I'd thought? If so, how can I argue to have the invoice adjusted (contract is still open now, so should be easy enough). Alternatively, if this means something else - what on earth could that be?

Thanks for your advice/experience.

Checkerboard.
Additional Driver used to be ADRIV.

I'm at a loss for what DRIVR is. I would probably have assumed the same as you. That said, I don't believe the BJ's code has ever waived additional driver fees with Dollar, only with Alamo.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
Before returning the car, I'll pop in to see the branch manager for an explanation, and report back here what I discover.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 9:21 am

No clue what it means, however, if the agent didn't input the CDP when adding the AAO, it will charge for it.

Also, there's so many CDPs there's no possible way to remember what CDPs offer free AAOs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.