Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Will Alamo honor a code booked outside US (where I live), with a US license?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Hi,

Brand new here, but have gained some valuable advice over the years. My question is will Alamo honor a code used to book a car at a US Aiport booked through their UK website? I'm currently living in Asia (just recently though, only been three months) and when I went to the Alamo site it brought me to the UK site. I used a code that has been used on here before (and I've used before when living stateside) and it worked, but I did see a notice that you can't use a US license to get the rate (which I think is ridiculous, why shoud US citizens pay more?). I don't have a license yet for the country I'm residing in (I'll be getting it when I return), but will only be back in the US for a couple of weeks to get my international drivers license and M1 license as well as tie up some loose ends. I don't have a home in the US anymore, but all I have is my US license. It was never an issue when using the code with a US license before, but that was booking through the US site, which now will not accept the code. Just curious about people's thoughts. I'll have a back up, but would rathter use Alamo as they have more cars that I like.

Thanks.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

So.......

So, no replies, I guess this forum is burnt when it comes to Alamo....ok, thanks.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:47 pm

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I would say you know the answer to the question . If the code works great and if it doesn't just pay the extra costs and live to fight another day.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by Ezd333
Hi,

Brand new here, but have gained some valuable advice over the years. My question is will Alamo honor a code used to book a car at a US Aiport booked through their UK website? I'm currently living in Asia (just recently though, only been three months) and when I went to the Alamo site it brought me to the UK site. I used a code that has been used on here before (and I've used before when living stateside) and it worked, but I did see a notice that you can't use a US license to get the rate (which I think is ridiculous, why shoud US citizens pay more?). I don't have a license yet for the country I'm residing in (I'll be getting it when I return), but will only be back in the US for a couple of weeks to get my international drivers license and M1 license as well as tie up some loose ends. I don't have a home in the US anymore, but all I have is my US license. It was never an issue when using the code with a US license before, but that was booking through the US site, which now will not accept the code. Just curious about people's thoughts. I'll have a back up, but would rathter use Alamo as they have more cars that I like.

Thanks.
Pretty simple: if, when you pick up the car, they don't notice the "no US license" provision, you're fine. If they do, you're going to end up paying a higher rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.