Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Thrifty LAX -- a pleasant surprise, almost

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2016, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Never rented from Thrifty at LAX before, but that's where autoslash came up with the best pricing (and they did lower my rate after the initial booking with them), so...

The only negative part of the experience was the LENGTH OF TIME it took for the shuttle to get from the airport to Thrifty's off-site location. Besure and pack a lunch if you're at all hungry... yikes.

Otherwise, it was a great experience. BlueChip, so per the signs, I went directly to the garage, bypassed the counter totally. I was directed to an assigned spot that had my vehicle, and a very quick checkout at the exit booth out of their lot.

Now if they could just figure out how to get that shuttle from Point A to Point B in anything approaching a reasonable amount of time, I'd give them an A rating! At least, at LAX.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:02 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

How long did you:
1. Wait for a bus?
2. Wait on the bus to get to the lot?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

The answers are...

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
How long did you:
1. Wait for a bus?
2. Wait on the bus to get to the lot?
Was on Sunday, at 2p in the afternoon, traffic was moderate around the airport

Waiting for the Dollar/Thrifty shuttle, about 5m is all

Realistically I'd estimate it took 20-25 minutes to get to the Thrifty lot; I boarded early on outside of baggage pickup, they made a couple more stops for pick-up at the airport; then they stop at Dollar first (I thought at that point that Thrifty would be "just around the corner", no such luck)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.