Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Autoslash ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Well whatever is in your 'secret sauce' is working. I requested a quote from you a few days ago. The lowest price I could find was about $375 for a 5 day rental. You guys came back with $179 so of course I jumped on it. I've been checking myself using every code (whether legal for me to use or not - just to check) and have also checked the other guys and, just now, vroomvroomvroom, even using two different countries of residency (I have addresses in both) and no one can even come close to your price. Still can't get any less than $375 except with one code that is well known and that I am not entitled to use. So whatever you're doing is working.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:14 am

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist,
The ability to save all the affiliations to a profile would be a huge step forward, but it would also help if we could save our membership info and any corporate discount codes our company uses. I often beat my company rate, but it would be huge if we could include that in the comparison.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:33 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by InHouseCounsel
The ability to save all the affiliations to a profile would be a huge step forward, but it would also help if we could save our membership info and any corporate discount codes our company uses. I often beat my company rate, but it would be huge if we could include that in the comparison.
Yes all are on the roadmap for eventual release.

In the meantime, if you track a rental with your corp discount code, we will take that into account when searching for lower rates.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
First time for me. I have a Reservation at EWR this weekend and AutoSlash has not sent any competing offers. I think Costco Travel Finally ate their lunch

I just reentered the info into AutoSlash tracking to see if I had an error with my information.. Nope.. AutoSlash says its already tracked (so no operator error)

It is a really good rate too.. So.. lets see what the next few days will bring..

Last edited by Flying Machine; Feb 10, 2016 at 2:33 pm
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
First time for me. I have a Reservation at EWR this weekend and AutoSlash has not sent any competing offers. I think Costco Travel Finally ate their lunch

I just reentered the info into AutoSlash tracking to see if I had an error with my information.. Nope.. AutoSlash says its already tracked (so no operator error)

It is a really good rate too.. So.. lets see what the next few days will bring..
It's certainly possible. Costco rates can be quite good in many cases. If you time it right and book when rates are low, there sometimes isn't anything we can do to get it the price any lower. I took a look at the history here since I was curious, and the price (with Alamo I assume) has been steadily increasing over the past 4 weeks. Costcotravel.com also shows a higher rate. That said, a last minute drop is always possible. Fingers crossed!
Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
[QUOTE=AutoSlash;26164468]It's certainly possible. Costco rates can be quite good in many cases. If you time it right and book when rates are low, there sometimes isn't anything we can do to get it the price any lower. I took a look at the history here since I was curious, and the price (with Alamo I assume) has been steadily increasing over the past 4 weeks. Costcotravel.com also shows a higher rate. That said, a last minute drop is always possible. Fingers crossed![/QUOTE

You are correct, its Alamo. You guys are always so good, I thought I would poke some fun your way. Thats right, Fingers Crossed Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Mar 18, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
BOS??

I wonder why at BOS AutoSlash only shows Sixt? In the past I have had a good range of choices. I have filled out their form and will write to support, but it is discouraging to have just one option initially, with prices significantly higher than Costco, Vroomx3 or RentalCars, and further from the terminal and longer wait, as well.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by spainflyer
I wonder why at BOS AutoSlash only shows Sixt? In the past I have had a good range of choices. I have filled out their form and will write to support, but it is discouraging to have just one option initially, with prices significantly higher than Costco, Vroomx3 or RentalCars, and further from the terminal and longer wait, as well.
Apparently, most of the major car rental companies won't let them list prices upfront (don't want to cooperate with a discounter). I always get the quote and then click on the request a quote link. You get an email with all the car company options within half an hour. That automatic initial price is basically a hoop you have to jump through.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by spainflyer
Sorry for the difficulty. We can only show Sixt rates "realtime". Just go to www.autoslash.com/quote and you can get discouted rates for all companies via an email quote.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 6:14 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Yes, thanks AutoSlash. Your people came back to me very quickly and with rates significantly under Sixt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.