Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

FREE DAY WITH A 5-DAY RENTAL.It's your lucky day.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: 1MM UA

Is there ever a situation when this makes sense? I am used
to weekly rentals of 5, 6 or 7 days always being cheaper than
the daily rate.

It just seems like bogus advertising to me. I know I've seen it
before. This one came from National but I think others advertise
this way as well.

Last edited by sosafan; Apr 1, 2015 at 9:17 am Reason: typo
Old Mar 31, 2015, 11:29 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Can you post a link/pic of the coupon? And what agency is it with?

With Avis, I've used a "free day on a 5+ rental" before and it worked like this:
1. Book for 7 days and the rate is the same as ~4.5-5 days of a standard daily rate.
2. They subtract 1/7th of the weekly rate for the free day coupon.
3. You pay 6/7 of the weekly rate, plus all taxes and fees.

So, for simplicity, if the normal daily rate is $140 and the weekly rate is $700 (5 x $140), the free day coupon would take off $100. Technically it's a free day on a week-long rental. But if you book for 6 days, the coupon takes off 1/6 of $700, or $116.67.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: 1MM UA
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Can you post a link/pic of the coupon? And what agency is it with?

With Avis, I've used a "free day on a 5+ rental" before and it worked like this:
1. Book for 7 days and the rate is the same as ~4.5-5 days of a standard daily rate.
2. They subtract 1/7th of the weekly rate for the free day coupon.
3. You pay 6/7 of the weekly rate, plus all taxes and fees.

So, for simplicity, if the normal daily rate is $140 and the weekly rate is $700 (5 x $140), the free day coupon would take off $100. Technically it's a free day on a week-long rental. But if you book for 6 days, the coupon takes off 1/6 of $700, or $116.67.
That sounds like there may be reality to it after all.

Anyway, here are the terms and conditions of this Emerald Club offer:

Free Day with 5-Day

● Available for rental of a Standard size car or higher

● Valid for rentals through April 30, 2015

● A five-day minimum rental with a Saturday night keep is required

● Request Coupon ID: NFE5722AFM

terms and conditions

To take advantage of this offer, make a reservation at least 24 hours in advance. This offer is valid for the rental of a Standard size car or higher. Please note your rental must include a Saturday overnight keep. A minimum 5-day rental is required, and a 28-day maximum applies. Unfortunately, we cannot combine this offer with any other discount (except member discounts), and cannot apply the offer to a previous or existing reservation. This offer is not available for one-way rentals. All standard rental qualifications apply. This discount is applied directly to your base rate and unlimited mileage charges only. Be aware that taxes, surcharges, recovery and recoupment fees and other charges may apply, and that optional products and services (such as damage waiver and additional drivers fees) are extra charges. Please check your auto insurance policy and/or credit card agreement for rental vehicle coverage. Regrettably, the availability of this offer is limited to participating locations in the U.S. and Canada and is subject to change without notice. Blackout dates may also apply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.