Vegetarian Meals on AA

Old Dec 2, 2009, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Vegetarian Meals on AA

Just found out that on ORD-LGA, AA serves dinner in F but won't let me order a kosher meal (it has to be transcon they say). They will offer me a veggie meal. Can a yid eat that?
Old Dec 2, 2009, 1:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by LatusElAl
Just found out that on ORD-LGA, AA serves dinner in F but won't let me order a kosher meal (it has to be transcon they say). They will offer me a veggie meal. Can a yid eat that?
It depends , but I wouldnt but friends do

The depending part is 1 most likely the salad wasnt checked for bugs, 2- any cheese wouldnt be kosher, 3- if theres fish nough said

Id rather pick something up wait till Im where Im heading or buy a couple of junk food items then eat a reg Veggie meal,

Now it doesnt hurt to order it as maybe there will be something with a decent hecksher but I kind of doubt it say a bag of carrots with the OU etc
Old Dec 4, 2009, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by craz
if theres fish nough said
Fish? In a veggie meal??? no way could they get away with that.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 8:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by clubman
Fish? In a veggie meal??? no way could they get away with that.
Why not after all its not a Vegan meal, although I agree it probably wont happen

I know a number of veggies that wont eat meat or fowl but for some reason have no problems with fish
Old Dec 5, 2009, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by LatusElAl
First of all, there isnt always a veggie option on this route. I have had chicken / beef options a number of times. If there is a veggie option, it will usually be pasta with cheese. The cheese will have kashrut issues...

Basically, if you are strict, you wont be able to eat the meal. If you are happy to just avoid meat / chicken / shellfish, you should (but not always) be OK.

One other thing. On AA F they take meal orders from the front on flights with an even flight number and from the back on odd number flights so pick your seat accordingly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.