Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Religious Travelers
Reload this Page >

Kosher in BA Concorde/First lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2008, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 2.7mm LY slvr

Last year while in LHR before boarding a JNB flight (I guess that was in T4) I asked for Kosher in the First lounge - I was told, apologetically, that there was no Kosher available since I hadn't ordered it in advance but that I COULD order it at another time.

Today I tried doing just that - the US res agent told me that neither she or her supervisor ever heard of that - the best she could do was give me the UK reservation number. I called the UK and after an unterminable wait the UK agent told me that he called the Concorde lounge and they told him that they don't have any provision for Kosher - I could only get it on board the flight.

Elsewhere I've seen postings that they apparently DO serve Kosher in the Concorde and/or First lounge (prior to the night TLV flight?) so.....

Does anyone know:
1) If in fact they still DO serve Kosher? and;
2) If they do, how does one order it in advance?
Old Jun 24, 2008, 2:09 pm
FF

Programs: BA GGL / AAdvantage Million Miler + Plat / TK Gold (not any more) / Hilton Diamond (via GGL)
Mostly answered here
Old Jun 24, 2008, 6:14 pm
Suspended

In the days of Concorde I was able on numerous occasions to have eaten in the Concorde Lounge even thou I was flying FC and not Concorde

I also heard a number of times that since I didnt preorder to eat beofre the flight that all the KSML they had on hand were already spoken for. Sometimes they offered a sandwhich other times , all they told me was they havent gotten a new shipment as of yet, and have nothing to offer me.

this was all in T4, I dont what if any arrangements they have made or will make in T5. Or even if its still available in T4.

I liked it much better then eating on board, especially when I was grabbing the 10:30pm flight to TLV. I was able to eat a decent meal at a decent hour and sleep the whole flight thru.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.