Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Religious Travelers
Reload this Page >

Multiple dietary restriction meals?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Multiple dietary restriction meals?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2014, 3:08 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Obviously, LY is an exception, because they default to Kosher on all meals.

If you aren't on LY, then your options are probably non-existent. SQ's Kosher vegetarian meal isn't likely to be gluten free either.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 2:54 pm

An update that kosher fish works great on LX. I ordered for my wife as she doesn't eat meat and on each leg we were provided with a similar meal to meat one, but with fish instead. All meals were on china with metal cutlery.
TLV-ZRH was smoked salmon starter, followed by white flsh in sauce.
ZRH-LHR was a mixed cold fish plate of different tyes of gefilte fish, smoked fish etc + couscouse salad
MAD-ZRH and ZRH-TLV were both smoked salmon/haddock starter, followed by baked salmon /rice/veg. These meals came with a small bottle of white wine (Herzog Chardonnay) as opposed to meat meals (veal goulash) which came with red wine.

All meals (both fish and meat) were very tasty and fresh (had not been frozen). Hechsher is from Vienna.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Do you have to call in the special request?
Old Apr 26, 2014, 9:49 pm

Yes, to Swiss. Travel Agent and Lufthansa cannot request it, not can you make it online..
Old May 7, 2014, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. My travels include Virgin Atlantic Upper Class from Washington DC to London, so going to try calling about 2 months out to see if they are able to accommodate.
Old May 24, 2014, 10:04 pm

Programs: Previously UA 1K, Delta Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Avis First, AA Gold
Originally Posted by 2035
An update that kosher fish works great on LX. I ordered for my wife as she doesn't eat meat and on each leg we were provided with a similar meal to meat one, but with fish instead. All meals were on china with metal cutlery.
TLV-ZRH was smoked salmon starter, followed by white flsh in sauce.
ZRH-LHR was a mixed cold fish plate of different tyes of gefilte fish, smoked fish etc + couscouse salad
MAD-ZRH and ZRH-TLV were both smoked salmon/haddock starter, followed by baked salmon /rice/veg. These meals came with a small bottle of white wine (Herzog Chardonnay) as opposed to meat meals (veal goulash) which came with red wine.

All meals (both fish and meat) were very tasty and fresh (had not been frozen). Hechsher is from Vienna.
This sounds fantastic, my wife is pescatarian as well
Old Feb 3, 2015, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

IAD > LHR was a no, they gave me a regular meal.
LHR > IAD was a kosher gluten free meal...they gave me a plate of uncut fruit and a gluten free roll, and a lot of miles as an apology (Ticket was paid in cash and upgraded with miles).

I was told they shouldn't have accepted gluten free as there was no way to make one. It seems they tried for a fully gluten free facility, whereas I would have been fine with made in a facility but seperately.

Cathay Pacific premium cabin is a no go, I'll be lucky if there is kosher food at all

IAD <> LHR in British Airways will be attempted this summer.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Cx f update: the regal meal had an ingredients list on the main. The borenstein meals did not. Snack was a sandwich. Between eating before boarding and not being a huge eater I did ok on food. Oh, and I'd brought a salad on with me. The veggie quantity for the provided meals was lacking though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.