Wiki Posts
Search

point booking not available??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2017, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: US, CO, PC, SPG, Hyatt
point booking not available??

It seems that you are not able to book by points for anything after Nov 1. I've tried New Dehli, New York, Brunei, etc as a limited sample. I don't remember Club Carlson has a 9-month restriction on award bookings. What's going on here?
Old Feb 5, 2017, 6:21 pm

Good question! Anyone?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 2:34 am

Okay, seriously, what is this?? I tried for Munich and Bratislava, same thing. I had been looking at a Christmas break trip, so I'd just been working with those dates and things were previously available.

I would say this is really just too much now, between this and the 2-for-1 rate. I thought they just said they learned they should give notice for big changes???
Old Feb 6, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
looks like it's both points and points and cash. guess they're making the program even more simple and current. on this the description would even fit

Last edited by aapee; Feb 6, 2017 at 7:03 am
Old Feb 7, 2017, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

It seems the earliest available date for point booking is now November 5... just plain lol at this industry leading award booking restriction.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
I think booking with points was a long term promotion that just ended. Announcement coming soon.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 7:03 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Angry

I wanted to book for December 2017 using points - even so standard rooms are available you can not use points!
Only cash bookings are available!
Has anybody gotten a solution around this restriction?

How is this consistent with the "no blackout" policy?

I sure feel cheated.......

Last edited by Germanfflyer; Feb 12, 2017 at 11:15 am
Old Feb 12, 2017, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Indeed, this is ridiculous. Club Carlson representative, would you care to explain what's going on with the recent unannounced award booking restriction??

Right now their latest bookable date in the system is November 9. I guess you will have to wait another a month and a half to make your booking. Unbelievable.

Originally Posted by Germanfflyer
I wanted to book for December 2017 using points - even so standard rooms are available you can not use points!

I sure feel sheeted.......
Old Feb 13, 2017, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
I think booking with points was a long term promotion that just ended. Announcement coming soon.
Lol, quite right!
Old Feb 13, 2017, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by Germanfflyer

I sure feel cheated.......
I would say this program has pretty much gone down the drain in the last month here. At this point I plan to ride out the remainder of my bookings, which will complete the 8 nights for 50,000 points. I'm then going to burn the rest of my points and don't anticipate renewing my credit card for the next year.

Club Carlson is consistently showing that they don't care about members whatsoever, making two major changes to the program in a month without warning. I have lost all trust in them and can see no reason to continue trying to earn points when I have no idea what kind of changes they will make any given day.

It's a sad end to a once great program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.