Community
Wiki Posts
Search

let CC know you are unhappy. 2-4-1 & 4-4-2

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
let CC know you are unhappy. 2-4-1 & 4-4-2

Let Club Carlson know you are not happy with their dropping a key status benefit with absolutely no warning whatsoever.
Email them from the page:

https://www.clubcarlson.com/customer...stomer-service

How can anyone respect or trust a company which behaves like that ?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Well, this is their way. The huge point devaluation also happened without any notification. I exchanged several emails with the customer service, their responses were always like "Go away if you don't like it".
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: A3 Gold
They will bleed their loyalty base to death if they keep behaving like that. I already have my plan B in case they don't fix the mess, and most likely will seek some sort of arbitration or legal action. I planned my whole month of January around the 4for2s...
Old Feb 2, 2017, 12:29 am

I don't understand why they can't bring it back. If they realize they've made a misstep in communication and people are really unhappy, what is the problem? It's like someone had the idea to get rid of it and now they just want to stand by it because they don't want to admit they might have been wrong.

It's like New Coke, it was a bad idea, so bring back the original. Although in this case, we don't even have anything new.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by murilix
They will bleed their loyalty base to death if they keep behaving like that.
Agreed. I would often search for reservations on the CC website and just book without checking other sites if I found an agreeable rate. Now that has already stopped, I'm already moving some stays to IHG and Choice. Why focus on CC points when they make sweeping changes without notice?
Old Feb 2, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
This is their response. According to him, we have a range of promotions in the "Members only" page. I looked at the page, laughable rubbish "featured promos" such as "Point + Cash", "10% discount", etc. This programme has been finished.

Thank you for voicing your concern in regards to us ending our Elite Member weekend extend promotion 2-for-1 and 4-for-2 recently. I know that the end of this promotion is disappointing. We have heard this feedback from several members and understand that we've made a misstep with our membership by not communicating the end of this promotion openly as the date approached. I know this does not compensate for or change the mistake we made in not communicating this offer's end. We have utilized the feedback received from you and other Club Carlson members to refine the way that we will be communicating these actions moving forward. I hope that our increased communication and transparency about future changes will help to renew your trust in the program. Please make sure you visit our special member only promotions page frequently as we continue to enhance and look to add value for our members
Old Feb 2, 2017, 10:32 am

An example of poor business. Our custom will be going elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.