Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Abu Dhabi - Yas Island

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2015, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Radisson Abu Dhabi - Yas Island

Just completed a two night stay.

Fantastic value at 38K, last night free.

As Concierge received upgrade high floor, sea view, standard room (not much of an upgrade). Other view is pretty good too, you can see marina, mall and Ferrari world. Corner room you can see both!

Was denied lounge access! Had to have booked premium room! But was issued full buffet breakfast which was excellent. Free bottle of wine as amenity, and 20% off F&B. Free water. All Rooms have balconies. Close to airport, but airplane noise did not disturb,

Modern, barely a few years old.

Taxi from city: 60AED, Mosque 40AED, Airport 20 AED. (can also rent the house rolls royce)

Used free Yas Island Express shuttle to visit Mall, etc.

Hotel provides free passes to YAS beach, which was nice, think Niki Beach in SoBe. Free towel and chairs. We walked, 15 minutes, could have taken free bus if wanted to.

Rideshare bike station across hotel, 15 AED per day.

Really nice hotel, excellent staff, and very well priced at 38K.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA, UA, US, DL, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Club C. Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Just completed a two night stay.

Fantastic value at 38K, last night free.

As Concierge received upgrade high floor, sea view, standard room (not much of an upgrade). Other view is pretty good too, you can see marina, mall and Ferrari world. Corner room you can see both!

Was denied lounge access! Had to have booked premium room! But was issued full buffet breakfast which was excellent. Free bottle of wine as amenity, and 20% off F&B. Free water. All Rooms have balconies. Close to airport, but airplane noise did not disturb,

Modern, barely a few years old.

Taxi from city: 60AED, Mosque 40AED, Airport 20 AED. (can also rent the house rolls royce)

Used free Yas Island Express shuttle to visit Mall, etc.

Hotel provides free passes to YAS beach, which was nice, think Niki Beach in SoBe. Free towel and chairs. We walked, 15 minutes, could have taken free bus if wanted to.

Rideshare bike station across hotel, 15 AED per day.

Really nice hotel, excellent staff, and very well priced at 38K.

Last edited by World2Travel; Mar 23, 2015 at 1:08 pm Reason: Delete
Old Mar 23, 2015, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA, UA, US, DL, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Club C. Gold, Marriott Silver
Good to hear. I will be there next month!
Old May 16, 2015, 3:11 pm

I booked 2 nights at this Radisson Blu here, but am arriving super early morning on the day of check-in, due to flight from Sydney, around 6-7am.

Suggestions on what to do? I emailed the staff and they said they'll try to accommodate my early check-in, but suggested I book an extra day. Is there some place I can leave my luggage while going to explore some nearby attractions?
Old May 17, 2015, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I booked 2 nights at this Radisson Blu here, but am arriving super early morning on the day of check-in, due to flight from Sydney, around 6-7am.

Suggestions on what to do? I emailed the staff and they said they'll try to accommodate my early check-in, but suggested I book an extra day. Is there some place I can leave my luggage while going to explore some nearby attractions?
I would show up and try to check in, you may have luck. If not, leave your luggage there and you can walk around the complex and race track area, or catch the FREE shuttle that takes you to ferrari world, mall, etc or last option depending on weather, ask the front desk for a FREE pass to yas beach, you can relax and sleep on the cabanas or lounge chairs available that are INCLUDED. You can walk to beach or take shuttle to beach. I walked.
Old May 17, 2015, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
I would show up and try to check in, you may have luck. If not, leave your luggage there and you can walk around the complex and race track area, or catch the FREE shuttle that takes you to ferrari world, mall, etc or last option depending on weather, ask the front desk for a FREE pass to yas beach, you can relax and sleep on the cabanas or lounge chairs available that are INCLUDED. You can walk to beach or take shuttle to beach. I walked.
Thanks ORD-TGU! I was thinking about visiting the Sheikh Zayed Mosque early morning to get some good photo shots too.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
I am here right now on my fifth visit, always stay in a business class room -- what a great view from the Business Class lounge. I adore this hotel -- my favourite Radisson Blu, and having been to most of the Radisson Blus in the Gulf, I really think this is their best property.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JTXC
I am here right now on my fifth visit, always stay in a business class room -- what a great view from the Business Class lounge. I adore this hotel -- my favourite Radisson Blu, and having been to most of the Radisson Blus in the Gulf, I really think this is their best property.
On an award stay, being concierge, I was not given access to lounge, even when I threw a DYKWIA tantrum to shift manager. Simple - NO.
But they did treat me very well and I got a lot of benefits, more than the normal stay.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by JTXC
I have a business class room reserved. Is it worth upgrading to a 1 Bdrm suite?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
I have a business class room reserved. Is it worth upgrading to a 1 Bdrm suite?
I took an upgrade to a suite once -- they were not very nice, in my opinion. The bedroom felt too small for the furniture, and the living room felt empty with hardly any furniture at all. I only stayed in it one night, then asked to switch back to a business class room.

They have bigger suites also, so perhaps upon arrival ask to see them.

I have become of the view that suites are not really worth it if travelling alone. I find that I hardly use all the space. A business class room like that at RBYI seems ideal. Enjoy!
Old Jun 24, 2015, 4:48 pm

Front desk staff here sucks (particularly Junaid). Biz lounge staff on the other hand is wonderful (particularly JP). Stayed here a month ago-booked a Biz class room with points, at check-in the guy said there were no Suites available to upgrade to. I asked that if I went up to my room and checked the website I would find no suites available and he said yes. I went up to the room, they have 7 of their 10 one-bedroom suites available for booking. Called him up and he said people must have just canceled. Basically this guy lied to me over and over, and then when I called him on it he made me wait in the room 2 hours before providing me with the upgraded room (told me it'd be 15 minutes initially). Said they still had to clean and prepare the room (it was past 7pm and they didn't have 1 of 7 suites cleaned and ready?). Overall a quality property, nice rooms, good lounge, decent location, nice views, great staff in the business class lounge, and the most deceptive, arrogant, vindictive, power-tripping front-desk folks of any property I can recall staying with. Left a bad taste in my mouth and made me wonder how the other Blu properties would treat me (stayed at 5 Blus over the course of 15 nights starting with this one).
Old Jun 25, 2015, 11:31 pm

Programs: ALL MAJOR FFP AND FSP
So is the consensus that this property does not upgrade concierge member to business class / suites (along with the lounge access inferred) when booking a standard room at all? Would appreciate if someone could check directly on property with a manager.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ldnhlj
So is the consensus that this property does not upgrade concierge member to business class / suites (along with the lounge access inferred) when booking a standard room at all? Would appreciate if someone could check directly on property with a manager.
Correct in my experience. Want Lounge, book Business room, per front supervisor, escalated to Shift Manager.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 6:37 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
I also once arrived there super early. Around 8am. They managed to checked me in without any additional charge which was really nice gesture. I had CC gold status.

Old Jul 2, 2015, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by R7U
I also once arrived there super early. Around 8am. They managed to checked me in without any additional charge which was really nice gesture. I had CC gold status.
Great news! I'm gold as well.

My plan is to spend a few hours in the EY Arrivals lounge then head to the RB.

Thanks for the datapoint, R7U!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.