Wiki Posts
Search

Room upgrades as Silver Elite

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2014, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold

I have recently qualified as Silver Elite for the first time.

I book most of my stays in Radisson/ Radisson Blus in business class rooms. Is there a chance that I might get upgraded? Or does it usually only work for regular rooms to business class? I am not hoping for upgrades, just curious regarding anyone else's experiences.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: FB Gold (E+),TK Elite(*A Gold)
I had many upgrades in the past as Silver especially in Stockholm, Budapest, Bruxelles and Paris but not in London, Lille or Oslo.
I mostly booked Standard room and got business. But last time in Budapest I was already in Superior room-Duna view and above there was only the suite which I didn't get as upgrade.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL 2MM PM;VSGld;EKGld; HilDia; HrtzPC; AvisPC; PP; AmbPlt; JumeiGld; MeliaPlt; TajPlt; ShangriDia

Just curious if there is any difference in upgrades when one makes gold status versus silver such as quality of room or consistency of
Upgrade or is it all the same?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 11:40 pm

I think technically there shouldn't be a difference. I do know as a silver spending a lot of nights in Minneapolis area hotels I never got upgraded. That changed as soon as I became gold. I spent 2 nights in Paris at the Champs Elysse hotel as a silver and got upgraded. From what I can tell it seems to depend on the location, even though it shouldn't.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 5:11 am

Wouldn't count on it. I'm a silver member and the last year or so, I've only been upgraded once out of about 15 stays. Mainly in Scandinavia.

Then again I often book Business, which might affect the chance of an upgrade.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 5:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
I had an excellent upgrade record as a Silver in 2012 (since 2013 Gold), having mainly travelled in Germany and the UK, always booked standard (cash or award), ca. 75% upgrade success.
Old May 5, 2019, 1:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Having dropped by soft landing from Concierge to Silver and now rarely staying at Radisson properties I was surprised to get in upgrade in Berlin at the Park Plaza Kundamn.

Alrhough the check in agent say it was an upgrade to a suite (a fib because they don’t have any!) it was an upgrade to a bigger room that you do pay extra for.

As I didn’t always get an upgrade at Concierge, I wasn’t expecting one at Silver...

The hotel itself isn’t one of the more luxurious Park Plazas I have stayed in previously, in fact it is only 3* but for €133 for two nights with breakfast it’s fine and it’s 3 minutes walk to the metro and on the bus route to Tegel Airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.