Wiki Posts
Search

What is eStandby Custom Upgrade®?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS,UA
What is eStandby Custom Upgrade®?

I booked 2 nights at the Antwerp Radisson Blu with my points and I have the option to do some kind of Custom Upgrade. I can upgrade to the Presidental Suite for 154 € a night or the Apartment Suite for 76 €. Has anyone had any experience with these custom upgrades? Would I only get the upgrade if that room is available?

This custom upgrade option almost seems like a 3rd party kind option and not really tied to Club Carlson.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 11:34 am

Hotels outsource their upgrade options to third party providers who work to ensure they get the most revenue. Hilton does it with Nor1.
You will get the upgrade if availability for your upgrade does not disappear before your check in.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 6:46 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
I have found these upgrades to be hit or miss.

I did one at the Radisson Blu Abu Dhabi, from a business class room to a junior suite. Although bigger, I found the room not as nice. I asked for a downgrade the next day.

I did it again with the Radisson Toronto Harbourfront, and got a nice room.

I guess you always get the upgrade unless the higher room category is sold out.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 6:53 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I am being offered the same at Düsseldorf, 20 Euros / night to a Business Class room. What are the chances to get the same upgrade during check-in? (I'm currently Gold).
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by B7e7US
I am being offered the same at Düsseldorf, 20 Euros / night to a Business Class room. What are the chances to get the same upgrade during check-in? (I'm currently Gold).
Which property?

I seem to recall when I stayed at the Scandinavia they did not upgrade me as Gold, I just got a high floor and welcome gift. Even if they do upgrade you to a business room, then you may not get breakfast included or may need to argue over it.

If there is two of you staying I would request the E-Upgrade, as you will get breakfast included without any argument. As I recall breakfast is €24 each at that property (and it is very nice too, although I wouldn't pay that much).
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by britbronco22
Which property?

I seem to recall when I stayed at the Scandinavia they did not upgrade me as Gold, I just got a high floor and welcome gift. Even if they do upgrade you to a business room, then you may not get breakfast included or may need to argue over it.

If there is two of you staying I would request the E-Upgrade, as you will get breakfast included without any argument. As I recall breakfast is €24 each at that property (and it is very nice too, although I wouldn't pay that much).
RB Media City. It's only me, so will not bother on upgrading.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 2:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by B7e7US
RB Media City. It's only me, so will not bother on upgrading.
Another reason not to pay for the upgrade, that property has plenty of breakfast options nearby, e.g Starbucks next door I think.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 6:39 pm

Update:
As mentioned in the Gold Member Upgrades thread, I did get the upgrade for free. Didn't ask for it, was told during check-in, and the Breakfast was included (And worth to pay for the upgrade if there are 2 guest staying, as the breakfast is really good) . Excellent Radisson Blu Property!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.