Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points not posting - the good and the bad

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2013, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Points not posting - the good and the bad

Two weeks ago, I stayed in a Radisson. I know they had my Club Carlson number, firstly because they confirmed it at checkin when I handed over my card, and secondly because they gave me a nice room upgrade

I've noticed that Club Carlson seems to be a little slower to post points than Hilton or SPG, so I wasn't too suprised when they didn't show up for a while. However, on Tuesday (10 days after checkout, 7 working days) I submitted a missing stay request. Later that day, I got an email saying I needed to wait for 10 working days.

Today was 10 working days, so I sent off another missing stay request. Under two hours later, I had a friendly email apologising for the fact that the points hadn't posted, and saying that the points had been added to my account (including the amount in the email). I logged into the website, and lo they were there, complete with all the bonuses etc

So, the bad - points slow to post normally, don't always post even if they have your number at checkin, and how long you have to wait for a missing claim

The good - the least painful missing stay claim process I've come across, and the fasted turn-around from submitted claim to points in my account of any of the programs I've tried!
Old Jul 27, 2013, 5:05 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
I just had a stay that was 2 nights on awards and one night on points + cash. The points did not post for the points + cash night. I completed the missing stay request and they responded within 24 hours and posted the points.

I like that the website has all of your past reservation, so it was very easy to send them my confirmation number and the details of the stay.

I do have to agree with Gagravarr that this was the easiest missing stay that I have done.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
7 days after checkout, filled out the form, in 3 hours points (incl promo!) posted with an apology email ^
Old Aug 5, 2013, 3:39 pm

Programs: SPG LTP
Well, seconding the OP

Had a stay earlier in July, no-post after 2 weeks: submitted request on Sunday, by Monday evening nice apology e-mail, all points in account (including all correct bonus points).

Main programme is SPG & generally better re postings, but nowhere near CC reaction time if something does go wrong
Old Aug 5, 2013, 5:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
I am finding that points posting seems to be defendant on where you stay with outside of Europe being many times faster
Old Aug 5, 2013, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
We had a 2 night stay on separate itins and received the points but not the first night credit. Odd.

It's on my list of things to do but I haven't gotten down there yet.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by dc2447
I am finding that points posting seems to be dependant on where you stay, with outside of Europe being many times faster.
Stayed at the Park Inn Copenhagen Airport in May. Points didn't post.
Filed a missing stay claim after 8 or 9 days. Points posted almost immediately after (correct amount incl. promo points, gold extra points and online booking points too), accompanied by a very apologetic email, sent from a nice lady at CC HQ.

Stayed at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 in July. Points posted (correct amount incl. promo points, gold extra points, food purchase points and online booking points too) after just a couple of days. No need too apologize there.

So maybe they're slow to post points on stays in Europe (I guess the hotels have to report the stays/check-out to CC, so maybe there is some general staff tardiness in European properties causing this?).

Snacky

Last edited by Snacky; Aug 6, 2013 at 8:58 am
Old Aug 6, 2013, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Possibly the CRM or some other backend system
Old Nov 6, 2013, 12:39 pm

Amazing! I submitted a request after two stays at the Radisson Blu Abu Dhabi didn't post. Within 24 hours, full points! Amazing customer service!
Old Nov 9, 2013, 7:48 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
I have had to request for points only once (Rad blu Beke, Budapest), I sent the claim after at least 2 weeks, got all of the points within 24 hours except the bonus points from the promo, when I finally got round to submitting that claim (over a month later), the bonus points posted the same day.
Both times I got a fast answer from CS and the correct points posted in the end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.