Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Inn Antwerp

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2009, 2:54 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Park Inn Antwerp

I have a 2 nights stay coming up at the new Park Inn Antwerp, Belgium.
Has anyone stayed here before and or have comments?

Also I am GPP silver elite due to the Orange deal, can I expect anything like a upgrade or amenity? I have never stayed in a Park Inn before...
Old Jan 26, 2009, 3:48 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
Ask for an upgrade when you check in, it usually works.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by thomas199023
I have a 2 nights stay coming up at the new Park Inn Antwerp, Belgium.
Has anyone stayed here before and or have comments?

Also I am GPP silver elite due to the Orange deal, can I expect anything like a upgrade or amenity? I have never stayed in a Park Inn before...
I stayed there about 2 1/2 years ago for two nights. The location was ok but the property needed a renovation. Very dark and depressing. Liked the free internet (with my laptop) in the guest room an amenity at most Radissons. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I think you are talking about the former Park Plaza, witch is now the SAS Radisson. The Park Inn should be a completely new hotel and has just opened on December 20th. I'm heading there tomorrow so I will post a stay review as soon as I'm back.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Writing this as I'm in the hotel. It is actually a very nice property but they are still working out a bit of start off problems. The check in lady was very kind and asked if I had been in Antwerp before, and she explained on the map where the hotel is located and how I can get to the old centre. The only problem I encountered was that the room key wasn't loaded correctly and I had to go down again. Fortunately it worked the second time.

The room is very nice has wooden floors and comfortable beds. The bathroom is very nice as well, and can be called "Luxury" as the hotel advertises it. The only thing is that in the shower there is no shelf to put your shampoo on. I hope they will put one in soon. The room is spotless clean^.

I will complete this review after check out on Sunday.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

They supplied free wireless internet, which I think is great! The breakfast buffet was great, they had everything you would need.

The hotel has no fitness centre and Spa, but you can use the once from the Radisson Astrid next door for free. Also if you would like to have dinner at the Radisson or have a drink, show them your Park inn key card and you will receive a 10% discount.

Check out was a breeze All in all I really enjoyed this hotel and would happily stay here again and the pricing is great with rooms average at about 90€ incl breakfast or 70 without.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 9:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by thomas199023
They supplied free wireless internet, which I think is great! The breakfast buffet was great, they had everything you would need.

The hotel has no fitness centre and Spa, but you can use the once from the Radisson Astrid next door for free. Also if you would like to have dinner at the Radisson or have a drink, show them your Park inn key card and you will receive a 10% discount.

Check out was a breeze All in all I really enjoyed this hotel and would happily stay here again and the pricing is great with rooms average at about 90 incl breakfast or 70 without.
I just completed a stay here in June (for the 1+1 promo), the hotel still feels very new and clean. It wasn't the cheapest Park Inn I've stayed in, as the only room left was a business room at 130, but it was decent value with the bonus points!
Old Jul 10, 2012, 8:46 am

I stayed here recently. Standard rooms are small, but not more than expected. Strangely small reception desk given the size of the foyer.

Unfortunately being a 'modern' hotel they remove any sign of noise prevention so you're talking wooden floors, wooden doors with no rubber stoppers, hearing people in the corridors (also wooden floors), hearing people in neighbouring rooms, hearing people in your neighbour's neighbouring room (hi to the child crying on Saturday), etc.

Bathroom is nice, and large sized shower with missing shelf (as mentioned earlier).

My TV did not have many channels listed, which meant no English channels (BBC World).

The hotel is often fully booked, so prices can become high quickly. It usually does not represent good value as a result.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: FB
I'm at the hotel now. Quite like the design, but I don't like the fact that I got put in the smallest room of the hotel with a window facing a brick wall. Clearly my silver status means nothing here...
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by FrankC6
I'm at the hotel now. Quite like the design, but I don't like the fact that I got put in the smallest room of the hotel with a window facing a brick wall. Clearly my silver status means nothing here...
Most rooms face the back of buildings. And yes Silver status means nothing there unless you make a fuss.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 3:48 am

Yes you would get an upgrade if you ask and if there's availability. Were you at the health & fitness center at Radisson Astrid? That one indeed needs complete renovation. It was like abandoned for years - doesnt fit the Radisson brand/image.

Overall, I would say Antwerp Park Inn is a decent hotel.

Last edited by iamife; Jul 22, 2012 at 3:54 am
Old Jul 10, 2013, 9:31 am

Should I stay at the Antwerp Park Inn or Antwerp Radisson blu? I think it will be for 1 night only with cash and points, I am a club carlson gold.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 11:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by drdrew450
Should I stay at the Antwerp Park Inn or Antwerp Radisson blu? I think it will be for 1 night only with cash and points, I am a club carlson gold.
Depends on the price difference. They are virtually adjacent to each other, so no difference on location. The Blu is nicer and potentially better rooms to get upgraded to
Old Jul 11, 2013, 2:35 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
be aware getting stucked in a standard room at the PI. They are so tiny, there is hardly space left to place a suitcase. Though the business rooms are indeed spacious and nice with a quite sizeable bath. Those face mostly the back and are therefore relatively dark, especially when on a lower floor.

If the price is similar I always would go for the Astrid, next door

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.