Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson SAS Zurich

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2009, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, United Premier Exec, Virgin Gold
Radisson SAS Zurich

Has anyone had experience of staying here. We are looking at it for a night before travelling on to Germany. Are the business class rooms anything different?
Old Jan 18, 2009, 2:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
It's brand new on purpuse built hotel, directly adjacent to the terminal buildings of the airport (more towards Check-in 1, but also fine for Check-in 2 and 3, as well as the railway station). It's clearly the closest hotel to the airport, all other airport hotels involve some kind of shuttle transfer. However, I don't know about the difference between business and standard rooms.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 5:06 am

Programs: UA *G; Delta Diamond; AA EXP; Marriott LT Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Just had a stay here right by ZRH and really enjoyed my stay. It was easy to get into town on the train from the train station or take the #10 tram to get into the city. Great hotel with a decent gym and great facilities...I was actually rather impressed. There's a coop (supermarket) on the way from the airport and train station to the hotel, so you can get water and miscellaneous grocery items from it.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 2:47 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Currently at the RB Zurich Airport.

Great view of the airfield/Midfield Terminal E (best plane spotting hotel at ZRH btw) from a 6th floor Business Class room.

Good:

- Nice, impressive Matteo Thun design.
- Got my reservation requests fully acknowledged at check-in.
- Extra parking space at 8th floor of Garage No. 1 with direct walkway to hotel. Reduced parking rates.
- Impressive lobby with wine tower. "Angel" waiters hovering along the wine tower to collect ordered wine bottles like acrobats
- Friendly staff
- Sweet cake as welcome present (no welcome card though)

Bad:

Housekeeping is a complete failure unfortunately :

- Toilet seat full of dried urine stains
- Minibar (non-alcohols and snacks complimentary at Business Class rooms) equipped with half used, open bottle of Coke. Worse, problem wasn't solved after complaining to front desk
- No evening turndown (although standard in BC rooms)
- Old, used room service breakfast card form previous guest still present and the only card available in the room

A beautiful, modern hotel so conveniently located that gets forsaken so badly by its housekeeping department...Let's wait and see about tomorrow's breakfast...

Last edited by ngfan; Dec 27, 2009 at 3:00 pm
Old Dec 27, 2009, 3:56 pm
AHN

Programs: SK EBG
ngfan, it was interesting to read your comments about housekeeping. At my last stay they had not cleaned the coffeemaker properly, nor replaced the coffee. I thought that was a one-off mistake, since my previous stays have been flawless, but based on your report it appears that their standards may be slipping.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 12:00 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Too bad to hear bad reports about this property. I hope they make improvements as I think they have a great location and from the outside the hotel looks great so it is sad to hear they are dropping the ball on soft product. Looks arent everything.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 8:51 am

Cool

...and just to complete my short TR, breakfast at Filini was decent with friendly and attentive staff (although only with few guests).

At check-out, reception clerk asked me about my stay where I was able to voice my positives and the negatives about the shortcomings. He apologized profoundly but didn't offer us to write a survey to the GM (nor was the occasional leaflet to do so available at our room).

However a standardized survey about my stay had reached my email account today (signed by the hotel's GM) where I was able to voice my experience again and pinpoint the shortcomings. Let's see if he will come up with a direct feedback to me, at least.

Too bad that Radisson's "100% guest satisfaction garanteed" promise didn't materialize in my case. It's an otherwise beautiful, modern hotel that will be delightful esp. for plane spotters and business travellers if they can manage to get their soft act together.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by ngfan
However a standardized survey about my stay had reached my email account today (signed by the hotel's GM) where I was able to voice my experience again and pinpoint the shortcomings. Let's see if he will come up with a direct feedback to me, at least. ...
No feedback from the GM so far...oh dear...
Old Jan 16, 2010, 2:07 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
I thought that Radisson Blu's have the 15min policy. If the problem is not solved in this timeframe, the night is on their cost. They have these banners usually in every room.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 3:39 am

No feedback from the GM so far...oh dear...
After reading my comments here on FT the GM has sent me an e-mail yesterday where he apologized for the shortcomings and promised immediate changes.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 3:26 am

After reading my comments here on FT the GM has sent me an e-mail yesterday where he apologized for the shortcomings and promised immediate changes.
after his reply, would you stay there again?

i'm in need of a night next week at zrh and considered it after having had a quick meeting there but a dirty bathroom is a reason for me to leave the property...
Old Feb 19, 2010, 2:52 pm

Of course I would give them another chance as the hotel hardware is really nice and most staff are friendly and trying hard but would immediately and strongly complain to the highest ranking manager available if these problems would occur to me again. If they cannot fix them pronto or assign a new room, I would leave the property on the spot.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM *G
Stayed at this property a few months ago.

The rooms are well furnished and the location is great for traveling in and out of Zurich. Trains to the city are frequent and convenient especially since you can purchase the passes at the front desk.

I agree with the previous FTer about the cleanliness of the bathrooms, which could be better. But would I stay there again? Yes, because overall the rooms and service was good.

Several words of advice. If you are a shower person, do not get a room with a tub. Not only are they small, the surface is very slippery and I had to change rooms due to safety reasons. Also, do not get a room facing into the lobby. The lobby bar has some vodka event, and the DJ music was loud. You could hear and feel it through the room's windows.

However, you can watch the Wine Angels from your room. Your call.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:47 pm

Question

I really don't know if it is just bad luck or if they have a serious housekeeping problem:

"Incontinent cat smell":

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/1ac1250a-4...44feab49a.html
Old Jul 24, 2012, 9:06 am

Programs: AF-Platinum for Life / LH-M&M / Radisson Rewards Platinum / IHG Gold
I am posting a recent feedback as I have regularly been staying there since Jan 2012 - at least twice a month.

On the positive side:
- Very friendly staff - both at reception and in the Filini restaurant.
- Never had any problems with my reservation requests.
- Modern and impressive lobby with Wine Tower.
- Unbeatable location with easy access to public transportation.
- A food court and a large Migros supermarket are available landside - over the railway station.

On the downside:
- Housekeeping is definitely NOT a 4-star-standard.
- Shower and WC cleanliness are rather so-so.
- At each stay I always encounter one or two annoying details: either the coffee is not replaced, or the paper tissues box is empty, or the "Do not disturb" sign is missing.
- Despite my many stays there I have never been offered an upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.