Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trip report: Radisson SAS Rostock (Germany)

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2006, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold, SPG Plat
Trip report: Radisson SAS Rostock (Germany)

Hi,

my first post on this board as I am usually not a guest in a Radisson SAS hotel. But I would like to share my experiences as I am in the Rostock Radisson SAS right now.

Booking
Made my booking online, two rooms were offered. Standard room for 89 excl. breakfast or the business suites for 129 incl. breakfast. I opted for the cheaper offer as I didnt know what to expect.

Arrival / Check-In
The Rostock SAS seems to be brand new, even some small construction on the outside (i.e. the small plaza in front of the hotel). Walked in the entrance hall with the check-in desks right in front of you. Everything looks brand new and very modern. Nice design, combination of wooden materials and polished metal with warm colors.

No line at check-in, was greeted friendly and presented my reservation. I aksed about the advantages of the business suites and was told it includes free breakfast, a nice large corner room with a seperate working area and a nice view over the harbour. I decided I try it out and took the paid upgrade.

Room / Business Suite
The room is really marvelous with a combination of an entrance room and a work desk as the first room. Also in this little room, one can find a large closet, an espresso machine and a nice view into the city.

The second room is a combination of living room and bed room. Large double bed and a nice seating area. The windowns are all the way from the bottom to the top, giving the room lots of natural light and makes it feel even more spacious. The view over the harbour area is great, especially with all the light at night.

The bathroom is very large for an european hotel romm and very well equipped with bathroom amenities from Bulgari. Seperate shower and bath tub and heated floor (if you want to use that).

Wellness
I have only visited the wellness area to see whats offered and didnt try it yet, but will do that tonight. Its on the top floor (7th) with nice panorama. It offers a sauna, steam bath, wellness showers, relaxing areas and much more. No pool. Very nice interiour architecture and modern design.

Restaurant
Nice breakfast buffet with a lot of healthy choices, freindly staff and (for my opinion) enough seating capacity.

A very pleasant experience, might make me switch to Radisson SAS more often

Last edited by berlinflyer; May 10, 2006 at 11:50 pm
Old May 11, 2006, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
Great post, berlinflyer!

Thanks. What program did you earn airline miles with with your stay?
Old May 12, 2006, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by SASfan
Thanks. What program did you earn airline miles with with your stay?
I have choosen to get my miles credited to LH this time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.