Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

connecting from Dubai to Doha through Istanbul?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond

for a long-haul flight I booked months ago

QR has become far less accommodating than when they initially got shunned by the UAE, KSA.............

I agreed to this re-routing because I really needed to visit Doha and I got a one-night layover this way.

The first leg was on Turkish and was quite decent, on-board chef was cool but experience was not as good as QR or EK in J

Istanbul Ataturk Airport has become a complete 3rd world sh*thole since I have last flown there, filthy and chaotic. The lounge QR uses is an embarrassment.

The boarding of the IST - DOH flight was a total mess and the food on-board was sub-par. I will never route through IST again if I can avoid it.

The in-flight experience in J can be better than almost any other airline on QR but on the ground service + other factors hurt them, EK is better overall.

Last edited by #1son; Sep 22, 2017 at 4:08 am
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:23 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
I did this a few weeks back.

TK, DXB-IST was sub-par, IME, The “chef” did pretty much nothing except (sometimes) serve food & try to rush me through each of the various courses They also couldn’t make an even half decent bloody mary

Connection at IST-DOH was very tight - late departure from DXB + bus gate + chaos in the IST terminal, meant I boarded within 5 minutes of getting to gate, although boarding was quite well managed

QR was superb IST-DOH, with a great crew & excellent food & service. Definitely 5* after TK.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:55 am

I hope the DOH-IST-DXB will be a much better experience. I'm flying this route in a couple of weeks and looking forward to hear you share some good review.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
That is quite the routing , surprised they don't route via more shorter options ...
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
luckily I am going through Kuwait on the return and get to use Al Safa for a long layover ;-)

Last edited by #1son; Sep 22, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by #1son
luckily I am going through Kuwait on the return and get to use Al Safa for a long layover ;-)
Not all bad then
Old Sep 23, 2017, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by #1son
Lucky you! I was rerouted thru Kuwait but the agent called back in the same day that Kuwait Air do not accept the reroute for J class. Now I feel cheated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.