Wiki Posts
Search

QR return date changed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:56 am
Original Poster

QR return date changed

First of all, go to everyone.

I booked a Madrid-Doha-Jakarta (and return) with Qatar Airways. Now, while in Indonesia (I had used the first 2 of the 4 flight tickets) I have received an email of the webpage I used to buy the tickets (budgetair.es) saying that my 2nd return flight date has changed.

I bought the following (showing only return flights):
QR959 Jakarta-Doha 9th sept 9:00-13:00
QR151 Doha-Madrid 9th sept 14:40-20:50
In the email I have received the second flight has been changed to
QR147 Doha-Madrid 10th sept 01:15-08:15

This means 12h of transfer time instead of 1h40m, flying and arriving home one day after I had booked.
Do you know what can I do? Can I try to get a refund of the second flight and try to find an alternate flight to Madrid? I am an European citizen. Can I get some kind of compensation if I had bought the tickets with an American Express card?
​​​​​​
​​​

Last edited by msm2000uk; Aug 19, 2017 at 6:07 am Reason: Jakarta
Old Aug 19, 2017, 4:14 am

QR959 is scheduled to land at 13:40 while QR 151 is scheduled to leave at 13.45 as per QR cargo website

I do not know when these schedules where changed (given that your above flight plan is true) but I would try to call them and leave earlier if you need to be in MAD on time.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 4:39 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / LH Senator / KL Gold / QR Gold
They changed your second flight because due to the schedule adjustments your connection time was below the MCT of 45min.

Call QR and and ask what they can do about it, but be ready to present your own ideas!
For example, changing the first flight CGK-DOH to QR955 (00:20 - 04:20) to give you sufficent time to make the connection.
Alternatively you can look at flights to/from other airports like BCN.

It is always better to research an acceptable solution first before calling and suggesting that solution to the agent. Most of the time they will accept it if it's reasonable.
Best of luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.