Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit Visa & Complementary Tour

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Transit Visa & Complementary Tour

I have an Australian Passport and flying with Qatar Airways.

1. Can I request to have Qatar Transit Visa both direction?
2. Outward: I have 9 hour transit at Doha (landing Doha at 5:30am and wish to go on 8am Doha tour) - will they allow me and can I get this 8am tour?
3. Return: I will be using the 96 hour Visa facility to explore Qatar for 3 nights - can I get this? (Have Doha tour in precious direction, will Qatar Airlines give me 96 hour Visa?)

Outward : I will be flying from Sydney - Doha - London (9 hours transit in Qatar - and wish to only use complimentary tour of Doha during this 9 hour transit) - (do I need a visa for the complimentary tour of Doha)?

Inward Return (5.5 weeks after outward) : I will be flying from London - Doha - Sydney (90 hours transit in Qatar which is 3 nights stay over) - I will be obtaining the Qatar 96 Transit Visa for this. Will there be any problem to obtaining free transit visa on the return journey?

Couldn't find any answers and Qatar Airways local offices don't know answers.
Thanks.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 4:54 pm

Bm06789 welcome to Flyertalk and to the QR forum.

If you look at https://www.qatarairways.com/en/pres...32000000001105 you will see that you no longer require a visa.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. Can you please clarify:

1. For both outbound and return journey - there are no visa fees, correct? Nothing to pay at immigration ?

2. What if the return journey is 36 days after outbound and free Qatar was acquired during outbound for 30 days - can another 30 day visa be obtained at immigration? Australia only get 30 days visa free.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:58 am

Bm06789 There are no longer any visas required and thus no visa fees to be paid. Your access if for a maximum of 30 days and does not appear to be extendable. The period of permitted access automatically dies when you leave the country again so there should be no problem entering Qatar again within 30 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.