Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar change of flight time.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2017, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Qatar change of flight time.

I am due to fly AMS to HND and Realised that Qatar has changed the AMS flight from 16.45 to 21.40. The original booking had a 6hr layover and now this has been reduced to 1.40hr. The arrival time to HND remain unchanged.

Do you guys know how flexible Qatar would be to change the dates of my flight? My plans have changed so I am trying to find a way to change the dates of the flight at a minimal cost. I bought the flights during a Qatar sale so they in R bucket.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 4:50 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
They would not be flexible at all. Why would they (unless you have a flexible ticket)? The time change does not trigger a change of dates because you are will within MCT in DOH (you'd make it in half the time). If you need to change your dates, you'll have to pay.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 5:07 am

dolceguess4 I am afraid that there is nothing you can do since the schedule change actually shortens your journey time and it is still within the Minimum Connection Time (MCT) at DOH.

With regard to date changes you need to examine the Fare Rules sent as an attachment to the Booking Confirmation E-mail. These rules are very specific to your reservation and may include such things as 'Changes not permitted'.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:41 pm

Programs: BA
I do not agree with the above 2 posters.

QR also changed one of my flight times with a shorter connection in DOH. I called up the reservations desk and asked to be put in a different flight due to a planned conference call during the layover. Flight was reissued and booked into J class (originally was D) at no cost.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 5:44 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by hakzai
I do not agree with the above 2 posters...
You can always try, but as far as I can tell QR is under no obligation to change the flights. It would IMO have been differently if one only left the next day (meaning an additional night in AMS), if the new itinerary would've arrived later or if the first flight would've left earlier.

That said, OP only gets a definitive answer if he rings QR up and asks. Given that OP is in R (Bizz), QR may show more leniency. I doubt however that OP will be able to move the flights by much. There will (at best) be some wiggle room for the outbound, but not much for the inbound as it hasn't been affected by the schedule change).
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by hakzai
I do not agree with the above 2 posters.
Agreed. In my experience, QR agents are quite formulaic on the impact of time changes: less than two hours is really hard to get them to do anything unless there is an effective MCT issue, but over 2 hours they typically will allow changes within reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.