Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Moves to LAX TBIT 1 May 2017 !!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 2:24 am

ThaiDan if you look at https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/LAX/-1 you can assume that QR will use the 'oneworld Los Angeles Lounge' for business class passengers when they move to TBIT.

If you have Emerald OW status with any OW airline, not just QR, then you will be able to use the 'Qantas First Lounge'.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:11 am
Community Director Emerita

21 airlines at LAX are moving in mid May including Qatar. Dates for moves are May 12, 14, and 16. This will make connections with AA easier as it is possible to stay airside when arriving on AA and going on from TBIT.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:10 am

SanDiego1K thank you for pointing out the scale of the changes at LAX.
In this thread, and previous threads a factor has been ignored. That is the disruption caused by all the changes! I know nothing about LAX but I can imagine that for a week or two many will be milling around trying to find where they should go to check-in etc. This could be a cause of congestion and delays.

So to all QR passengers: Remember to allow extra time during and just after all these changes. You may need it!
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
The First Class Lounge at the TBIT is run by Qantas. I do not believe the business class lounge is run by Qantas.
The business lounge is run by Qantas.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skunker
I don't believe that is correct.

The business class lounge is the "oneworld Los Angeles Lounge".

The first class lounge is the "Qantas First Lounge".
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by oh_lol
But they don't move til May? If you're flying out next week you're still be in T2.
Poster said the next week - i.e, the following week after the move
Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:07 pm

I don't believe that is correct.

The business class lounge is the "oneworld Los Angeles Lounge".

The first class lounge is the "Qantas First Lounge".
Have you been to the lounge?
Qantas, which has developed and will manage the new facilities on behalf of its fellow oneworld member, has partnered with Sofitel to offer a service experience consistent with the standards across its Sydney, Melbourne, Hong Kong and Singapore lounges.
https://www.oneworld.com/news-inform...ngeles-lounge/
Old Mar 24, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
Excellent news! Makes using the QF F lounge so much easier!
Old Mar 24, 2017, 4:42 pm

I have only been to the first class lounge at LAX.

Funny they brand the first class lounge with "Qantas" but not the business class lounge.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 8:43 pm
Suspended

LAX Oneworld Business class lounge is joint ran or owned or leased by British Airways, Cathay Pacific and Qantas. That is why all three airlines have staff manning the desk. Whereas Qantas First Lounge is exclusively ran by Qantas. Qantas might be responsible for running the oneworld business class lounge, but in principle, BA and CX both have stakes in this lounge together with QF.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by chongcao
LAX Oneworld Business class lounge is joint ran or owned or leased by British Airways, Cathay Pacific and Qantas. That is why all three airlines have staff manning the desk. Whereas Qantas First Lounge is exclusively ran by Qantas. Qantas might be responsible for running the oneworld business class lounge, but in principle, BA and CX both have stakes in this lounge together with QF.
So...

Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA PPro
I don't think the access in T2 is bad. I have tried TBIT and missed a flight because of being 500 deep in security and TSA wasn't operable.. Becareful what you wish for.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:31 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by tfizzle
I don't think the access in T2 is bad. I have tried TBIT and missed a flight because of being 500 deep in security and TSA wasn't operable.. Becareful what you wish for.
You make a good point. But for those of us who fly into LAX on an AA flight, it's a big win. We will be able to stay within security and walk thru the tunnel from AA to TBIT.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 1:01 am

I flew out of LAX a few days ago on QR. I was told by two different QR employees that the move to the Bradley Terminal will be on May 1st.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:09 am

I flew out of LAX a few days ago on QR. I was told by two different QR employees that the move to the Bradley Terminal will be on May 1st.
My May 5 flight has changed on my confirmation page from "Terminal 2" to
"Terminal B " . I presume this means TBIT ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.