Wiki Posts
Search

First time with Qatar

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2017, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Gold
First time with Qatar

Flew First with Qatar from Cairo. First flight with Qatar and first impressions are that they are way ahead of BA! Service and hard product (especially choice of wine and food) is much better than BA. Lounge service is clearly better than the CCR too.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 6:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver
QR are a class full service airline. BA, through every fault of their own, Are a budget, penny pinching carrier.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 2:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Dubliner1

Flew First with Qatar from Cairo. First flight with Qatar and first impressions are that they are way ahead of BA! Service and hard product (especially choice of wine and food) is much better than BA. Lounge service is clearly better than the CCR too.
Another convert! I've been saying the same (QR v BA) since my first QR flight three-and-a-half years ago (also ex-CAI). Just don't post your opinions on the FT BAEC forum; some people there get rather twitchy about pro-QR/anti-BA posts.

Out of interest, how did you get to CAI (given that your first flight with Qatar was from CAI). And I'm puzzzled by your comparison of LHR T5's CCR and any CAI lounge . Al Safwa DOH maybe, CAI lounges surely not.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Just don't post your opinions on the FT BAEC forum; some people there get rather twitchy about pro-QR/anti-BA posts.
I think most of this is down to thread fatigue, you get six or seven threads with the same thing every day and it gets a bit boring - we all know QR offers a better business class product than BA, the daily reminder isn't necessary.

There's also a small but perfectly formed QR forum to talk about how good they are
Old Feb 28, 2017, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by obduro
I think most of this is down to thread fatigue, you get six or seven threads with the same thing every day and it gets a bit boring - we all know QR offers a better business class product than BA, the daily reminder isn't necessary.

There's also a small but perfectly formed QR forum to talk about how good they are
I would say that Qatar offer a better business class produce than EY/EK and a dramatically better one than BA.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by capin
I would say that Qatar offer a better business class produce than EY/EK and a dramatically better one than BA.
Can't disagree!
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Gold
Flew to CAI with BA but going back with QR :-)

The lounge in CAI is clearly very basic sonas you guessed, Inwas comparing the lounge in DOH to the CCR!
Old Mar 1, 2017, 9:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold A3 Gold PC Platinum
just got off a MEL-DOH sector in J, spending a couple of days in Qatar and then home to London. As we got off the plane in DOH I received a text from BA saying our DOH-LHR on Saturday is cancelled.....sorted it all with the help of DOH ground staff and re-booked on QR.....my Wife's reaction said it all "brilliant, QR are in a different league to BA!"
Old Mar 2, 2017, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by capin
Especially on the B787 and the A350. Really like those single window seats in J.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by Maluku_Flyer
Especially on the B787 and the A350. Really like those single window seats in J.
Agreed, But at 6'4", I really like the current QR 777 J. I'm interested to see what QR are going to do with it.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: Finnair Gold, BA Gold, LH FTL
I guess people around that size ( I am 1.90m, just a little shorter than 6ft4) and for me the seats in A350/787 are really uncomfortable. A pity, as they look so nice and are technically so well. But it does not help if they do not feel good. I also like the current 777 seat and hope they do not replace it with another seat made for shorter people only

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.