Al Mourjan dining

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: QR Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
Yes.
Noooooo. So disappointed!!
Old Feb 17, 2017, 1:00 pm

However what they offer in the air is pretty good!
Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:45 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by jmj9905
IAN UK

Thanks, but one of the main reasons I chose Qr for this trip was the reputation of the lounge and the food.
That surprises me, as the reviews on the 'a la carte' restaurant, were never particularly great.

M
Old Feb 18, 2017, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Isn't the breakfast service still a la carte?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
The change was made months ago (referenced in several threads already). Also removed Valrhona grands crus chocolate samplers from flights. Just two standard Godiva truffles.

Maybe by downgrading elements of the previous "Five Star" business class over the past year, the new "world changing" business class will include a reintroduction of what's been taken away during 2016?!
Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
That surprises me, as the reviews on the 'a la carte' restaurant, were never particularly great.

M
I had some nice filet steaks there whilst I had my unexpectedly long transfer there back in June.

My favourite lounge WW is QR LHR T4 but I am flying CX first soon ORD-HKG-BKK and I think that the Pier and Wing are going to give them a run for their money.

IMHO QR J is still the best value J around.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by W Nippert
Has the A-la-carte-dining also been removed at the arrival lounge?
Yes. Disappointing change.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
OTOH, QR J onboard dining is, IMO, consistently excellent. Sometimes I have one of those grilled-to-order mozzarella/tomato/olive oil sandwiches to tide me over; but I really like the food on the flight.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:03 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by capin
I had some nice filet steaks there whilst I had my unexpectedly long transfer there back in June.

My favourite lounge WW is QR LHR T4 but I am flying CX first soon ORD-HKG-BKK and I think that the Pier and Wing are going to give them a run for their money.

IMHO QR J is still the best value J around.
Pretty sure it was not too nice a steak. As a FYI, they were precooked earlier in the day (off site) and just warmed for you when you had ordered them. Seriously, it was such a great lounge and yet they skimped on the kitchen facility!
Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:41 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
Pretty sure it was not too nice a steak. As a FYI, they were precooked earlier in the day (off site) and just warmed for you when you had ordered them. Seriously, it was such a great lounge and yet they skimped on the kitchen facility!
They were perfectly fine for an airline lounge.

My favourite lounge food is CX in BKK, I love the noodle bar. I also really like the Japanese curry that had in the JAL lounge in BKK a couple of trips back. (unfashionable, I know).
Old Feb 19, 2017, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Shareholder
The change was made months ago (referenced in several threads already). Also removed Valrhona grands crus chocolate samplers from flights. Just two standard Godiva truffles.

Maybe by downgrading elements of the previous "Five Star" business class over the past year, the new "world changing" business class will include a reintroduction of what's been taken away during 2016?!
The Godiva truffle is excellent. A nice change from the Valrhona chocolate. I was getting bored with it.

The lounge still serves a nice a la carte breakfast. But the buffet (any time of the day) is very very disappointing. Limited choice and mediocre quality.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
I also prefer the LHR T4 Lounge over the Al Mourjan. Saying that, I have a 5 HR layover next week and this times it's in the morning rather than the middle of the night.

I am going in with an open mind.......probably go for a Samdwich at the deli rather than breakfast in the restaurant. Let's see if my mind changes.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:06 am

Talking of the London Heathrow lounge does anybody have their breakfast menu to hand (apologies for the digression)? Thank you
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by brunos
The Godiva truffle is excellent. A nice change from the Valrhona chocolate. I was getting bored with it.
It was the Godiva offering previously before it was replaced by Valrhona.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Such a shame to hear of the downgraded offerings after reading all the positive reviews. Still not flying until July...who knows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.