Wiki Posts
Search

Mixed cabin awards

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2016, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
Mixed cabin awards

Does anyone know how it prices out going ORD-DOH-DXB with ORD-DOH in J and DOH-DXB in "First?" Does it still price out at 75,000 miles or does it jump to the First class pricing? I called Privelege Club and I got a rude CSR that didn't understand my question. Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 11:33 am

Programs: QR Plat, Flying Blue Plat
Hi batmandds

I'm not sure about partner awards, so this is if you're using Qmiles:

Usually, when business is not offered (usually QR's odd 'Regional First setup) and you go in regional first, that leg is priced as F for redemption. I'm not 100% about DOH-DXB, but I was looking at DOH-MCT (regional first route) the other day. For both award tickets and upgrades, the number of miles needed was priced either for economy or first. So, in your case, total miles will likely be J ORD-DOH + F DOH-DXB.

If you try and make a dummy booking, it should show up with only First or Economy on the DOH-DXB leg, and if so 'not economy will be priced as first. For the amount of miles it will take, try the 'my calculator' tool from your Privilege Club Account.

*EDIT*

See the screenshots. It's theoretically 75,000 miles one way on the calculator. However, QR only seems to have released flexi award space (double miles) out of ORD to DXB for any dates that I saw. So, theoretically, 75,000 Qmiles one way with DOH-DXB in regional first. In reality, 150,000 one way because of flexi awards (for the dates that I checked).
Attached Images   

Last edited by 255FlyerTZ; Dec 7, 2016 at 11:48 am Reason: Added Screenshots
Old Dec 7, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Hi

If you are using QMiles and booking a single or return that are wholly regional F flights it will redeem at F Miles , however as you are flying from ORD in J and as long as you keep the segments married then the DOH-DXB portion will also be priced as J . You can see this if you make a dummy booking from the Qatar website . The example above shows the Q2 icon on the flights so theyre J at double miles with 5% online booking discount (only for Gold & Platinum status holders )

Edit Post above now saying what I said

Last edited by crombiestone; Dec 7, 2016 at 12:01 pm
Old Dec 7, 2016, 12:16 pm

255FlyerTZ If you make two separate reservations (ORD- DOH and DOH-DXB) then you are correct. But if you try ORD-DXB then the married sectors come into play and the DOH-DXB leg, just as the ORD-DOH leg, is priced as a J award not an F.
So the correct answer to batmandds is that provided they are booked as an ORD-DXB flight then the 75000 miles applies. If they are booked as two reservations ORD-DOH and then DOH-DXB then the F rates apply to the second ticket.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 12:20 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by remdk
255FlyerTZ If you make two separate reservations (ORD- DOH and DOH-DXB) then you are correct. But if you try ORD-DXB then the married sectors come into play and the DOH-DXB leg, just as the ORD-DOH leg, is priced as a J award not an F.
So the correct answer to batmandds is that provided they are booked as an ORD-DXB flight then the 75000 miles applies. If they are booked as two reservations ORD-DOH and then DOH-DXB then the F rates apply to the second ticket.
Isnt that what I said ?
Old Dec 7, 2016, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
Thanks for all of the responses! Yes I will be using Qmiles for this redemption and will have the segments married. I'm booking this for Nov 2017 so hopefully it's not just Flexi space that's available. On BA's website, it shows 4 award seats open in J for the ORD-DOH leg. And I tried to make a dummy booking for my dates but it says that I have insufficient miles to do that. I plan on transferring miles into the account.

Last edited by batmandds; Dec 7, 2016 at 12:29 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.