Wiki Posts
Search

Can't find married segments

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2016, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Can't find married segments

Hi,

I'm trying to book a couple of flights: JNB-MLE and MLE-SYD, both via DOH.

I can see results when I search for JNB-MLE, but not for MLE-SYD. There are however flights that could connect well when I search for the 2 individual segments (MLE-DOH and then DOH-SYD).

Would you guys know why?

Thanks!
Old Oct 29, 2016, 3:02 am

GeoffreyFrance welcome to the QR forum.

Why fly 5 hours Northwestwards to then fly 15 hours Southeastwards? Much simpler and shorter to fly 3-4 hours to CMB, BKK, KUL, SIN and 8-9 hours onward from there.

If you insist QR will sell you the desired itinerary but as individual segments.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 3:50 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
I can not speak for QR but if you contact them direct you may find they can issue the flight on one ticket. I know when I was doing something similar with another airline a quick phone call and they were able to book the flights I wanted.

In my case i was trying to take advantage of my airmiles which I had enough of to upgrade on all the flights and was not therefore concerned that the journey was longer
Old Oct 29, 2016, 5:31 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by GeoffreyFrance
Hi,

I'm trying to book a couple of flights: JNB-MLE and MLE-SYD, both via DOH.

I can see results when I search for JNB-MLE, but not for MLE-SYD. There are however flights that could connect well when I search for the 2 individual segments (MLE-DOH and then DOH-SYD).

Would you guys know why?

Thanks!
Yes. QR doesn't sell all possible itineraries as married segments, especially when they involve backtracking. QR rules seem a bit strange as they can sell CAS-DOH-JFK as married segment but not FCO-DOH-JFK. As remdk wrote, you still can buy any itinerary considering it as 2 one way tickets but it will cost you more than if it could have been sold as married segments.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the helpful replies everyone

I'm booking this as a Oneworld award, so I was looking at QR mainly, but remdk your comment made me realize that flying CX via HKG is also an option.
The total duration with either airline is 26.5 hours funnily enough

Thanks again everyone!

Last edited by GeoffreyFrance; Oct 31, 2016 at 1:49 pm
Old Nov 1, 2016, 5:57 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
i have flown this year with both QR and CX in business and of the two QR were superior

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.