Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage interlining

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2016, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Baggage interlining

Got a flight coming up soon from Osl-Syd in J then have a separate booked flight on jetstar to CHC Will Qatar interline my bags to CHC if I ask when checking in? Anyone had much experience or luck on Qatar?

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 25, 2016, 5:51 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Highly unlikely. Travelling on two separate bookings means you are at the check-in desk agent's mercy, ask with your best smile and please do come back to tell us how it went!
Old Oct 4, 2016, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brainless69
Got a flight coming up soon from OSL-SYD in J then have a separate booked flight on Jetstar to CHC Will Qatar interline my bags to CHC if I ask when checking in? Anyone had much experience or luck on Qatar?!
Jetstar JQ is not a Oneworld member airline, even though owned by Qantas. https://www.oneworld.com/member-airlines/overview
Nor is JQ an affiliate https://www.oneworld.com/member-airl...ine-affiliates
JQ is low cost point to point carrier. JQ interlining baggage is very limited.
When is(was?) the flight?
Why did you not book OSL-xxx-xxx-CHC?
Old Oct 12, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
Despite all the reports that QR would not interline luggage on two tickets, checking in at BKK on Monday night for BKK/DOH/CDG in J and F followed by an Air France flight in J, I asked nicely and there was no hesitation - the check in lady said "of course".

Didn't help me much though. Despite having 5 hours at CDG to transfer the bag from T1 to T2, it was not loaded on the AF flight.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 3:17 pm
sam

Programs: Qantas Gold; BA Silver; Virgin Australia Platinum; Virgin Atlantic Gold
Originally Posted by BobBHX
Despite all the reports that QR would not interline luggage on two tickets, checking in at BKK on Monday night for BKK/DOH/CDG in J and F followed by an Air France flight in J, I asked nicely and there was no hesitation - the check in lady said "of course".
In my experience the less well trained outposts tend to allow it but the hubs with trained staff do not. Obviously it is always more likely if you ask nicely but unfortunately it doesn't really make much difference in many cases.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 11:22 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
The staff in BKK, are AoT staff, which is beneficial for those hoping for their bags will be interlined.

It happens more often that not, as the staff have not been advised about the change.

On a side note, it might be worth merging a few of these interlining threads to create a WIKI...

M
Old Oct 14, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, IC Ambassador, Sixt Platinum
I thought it's better to ask here rather than opening an own thread:

We've got the incredible AKL R (now I/J) fare for December/January.

Due to the winter schedule changes we now have 24 hours and a bit in HKG, hence the ticket got split from FRA-DOH-HKG-AKL into: FRA-DOH-HKG and HKG-AKL (CX) - of course one PNR.
Will we have to take our luggage in HKG? I assume normally in under 24 hours it would go through (which we'd prefer as it saves the hassle of transporting everything to HKG for that short stop)

Plus on the inbound it's: AKL-SYD-DOH-PSA and on another PNR PSA-LHR (BA).

We're starting in AKL to SYD with LATAM. Do you think it's likely they'll check through to LHR? We should have enough time in PSA (3h+) but would be definitely easier with the luggage checked through to LHR.

Thanks already!
Old Oct 19, 2016, 8:03 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Has there been any word on whether QR will through check from a QR paid flight to a QR award (partner booked) flight? Obviously on separate PNRs.

Happy wandering

Fred

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.