Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR J Oslo Departure Question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:01 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, LH FTL, QR Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TheOldMan
I can report that there was absolutely nobody in the queue ahead of us at 50 minutes prior to the flight. At least it meant we were early enough to get a seat at the gate
Thank you very much ^
Old Apr 25, 2017, 3:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Personally I've never seen any sorts of queues at passport control. I have always travelled in the morning, for reference.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Waiting to board this morning's QR180.

Premium section of the OSL lounge was closed ("Opens at 9am", says the attendant).

In the pay section there was wine and beer but no spirits were on offer. Fresh (semi-skimmed) milk. Food included a hot Bircher müsli and typical cold breakfast bits including granola, yoghurt and honey. Very good fresh mini croissants.

In what is becoming my benchmark for lounge breakfasts, I accomplished most of a Bloody Mary with the tomato juice, lemon slices, ground black pepper and a bottle of tobasco obtained from the Premium section. I suppose I might also have asked for some vodka. (Bloody Shame really). Not confident of Worcestershire sauce at all.

Passport control was queue-free. One BA (BA761) and one Norwegian flight already at the gate.

Departure boards announced boarding a full 15 mins before stated boarding time (06h55). Actual boarding at 07h01.
Old May 17, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
What is the passport control situation like now? I am departing a week Saturday late afternoon.
Old May 17, 2019, 12:59 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
What is the passport control situation like now? I am departing a week Saturday late afternoon.
FWIW, I flew through OSL on QR last month, and there weren't any queues whatsoever.
Old May 19, 2019, 2:53 am

Programs: BAEC
Passport queues can be very random at OSL, it just depends how many non Schengen flights are due to leave, how many windows are open (usually two in my experience), and if anyone is causing a temporary holdup at one or more of the windows. It can be zero, it can be a long queue, and it can change minute to minute.
Old May 20, 2019, 2:16 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Thanks both for the replies. I guess I will leave the lunge circa 50 minutes before departure.
Old May 26, 2019, 4:09 am

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
There is a tv screen on your left as you come up to the mezzanine level. I always have a peek before entering the lounge. As others have mentioned, queues will vary but there are certain times when there is a cluster of non-Schengen flights leaving within a short period. In my experience, the worst time is when you have Thai, Emirates and one or two Norwegian longhauls leaving within the space of less than an hour. There are a couple of UK and some other European flights also leaving around that time. Sometimes early morning departures can lead to long queues as well, especially in summer if you have a couple of A330 charter flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.