Search

CAI-WDH No Fares Offered

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
CAI-WDH No Fares Offered

Hi Everyone,

I would like to fly CAI-WDH, and I'm looking to fly on Qatar. It seems that they don't offer any fare on this routing. Does anyone have any idea why or if there is a way to book this (maybe by another website?)?

For example, they offer fares on CAI-CPT, CAI-JNB, and even CAI-MAD, so CAI-WDH doesn't seem to be that strange of a routing. I'm looking for any dates in April or May 2017.

Thanks.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:48 am

UAworldwide it would appear that DOH-WND will not be opening September as announced. The fact that WND is no longer recognised as a destination could mean that it is not just a delay but the route is being abandoned before opening.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Thanks remdk, it is offered from many other starting points, like for example from DOH itself, FRA, MUC, BEY, AMM, etc. So I am not sure the fact that the route might not start is the reason here...
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:00 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
WDH is certainly going ahead, so nothing to do with the destination itself.

Can you fly ALG-WDH for example?

I ask, because it could well be down to certain restrictions regarding Namibian tourism and the existing airlines that fly into Windhoek (which, from experience, aren't many!)

M
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:12 am
Original Poster

ALG-WDH is offered on the QR website!

But no CAI....
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:21 am

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by UAworldwide
ALG-WDH is offered on the QR website!

But no CAI....
Ok, how about routing in March, before the schedule changes?

It is entirely possible that flights post end of March, haven't yet been loaded in for that particular routing.

It will likely an IT issue, but one which should be resolved within a couple of days.

M
Old Aug 29, 2016, 7:01 am

Programs: QR: Gold; Marriott: Amb; UA: 1K; Taj: Silv
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

It is entirely possible that flights post end of March, haven't yet been loaded in for that particular routing.

It will likely an IT issue, but one which should be resolved within a couple of days.

M
I've had this problem before. Just book it as a multi-city itinerary and it should work. Don't use Roundtrip.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
M
Unfortunately not, I tried many dates but even you cannot even enter CAI WDH into the search engine!

The Multi City search does work, I got a decent fare of 16.6k EGP in J...

I cannot see any special fares for that latest QR Fare sale. I was hoping to join a friend coming from FRA, and he gets excellent fares FRA-WDH

Thanks everyone for their help and comments!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by UAworldwide
Unfortunately not, I tried many dates but even you cannot even enter CAI WDH into the search engine!

The Multi City search does work, I got a decent fare of 16.6k EGP in J...

I cannot see any special fares for that latest QR Fare sale. I was hoping to join a friend coming from FRA, and he gets excellent fares FRA-WDH

Thanks everyone for their help and comments!
FRA is the sweet-spot for WDH as Lufthansa have, or at least used to have, a direct flight - so QR need to be competitive.

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.