Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A bit underwhelmed by QR First

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2016, 4:45 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
We had the luck of being upgraded to F not once but twice on our trip to Thailand back in April, and to be honest the difference between the two was impressive in terms of service:

DOH-BKK (ca 9am flight out of DOH): surly CSD, out of first and second choice, and out of Krug after 2hours. Had to ask twice for help in setting up the bed.

BKK-DOH (9am flight out of BKK): Krug served as PDB and flowing through the entire flight, very warm and smiling cabin crew, proactive CSD...stellar, even if I didn't get my 1st choice of mains

as it was the same equipment, it's impressive to see how the little things make a difference in terms of product perception
Old Jul 18, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by papyPiHi
...stellar, even if I didn't get my 1st choice of mains ..
That sounds pretty bad in my book. Not getting the dish I choose would definitely ruin or traint the flight for me.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
A week ago I flew QR in F class from CAN to DOH. Everything went perfect. Krug never stopped pouring and food was excellent. I slept comfortably for couple of hours and to my surprise the F cabin was full on that route. However, QR F+J lounge in CAN is catastrophic.

I hope in the very near future QR deploy the A380 to the US and offer F product to that market.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 11:47 am

I flew the same route in F not too long ago, and was pretty underwhelmed as well.
IMHO QR F is not worth the money (or miles).
Old Jul 19, 2016, 2:46 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Originally Posted by weero
That sounds pretty bad in my book. Not getting the dish I choose would definitely ruin or traint the flight for me.
Well, the cabin was full and I was in 2k (last window seat), so I expected it.
I can accept that they cannot load 8 times each choice, and if I'm last to be asked, then it can happen.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:17 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Would I envisage QRPC Platinum members being entitled to access the Al Mourjan? Yes, I think this will happen sooner rather than later
Hooray!!! ^^^

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
unless a QRPC Platinum Only lounge, is introduced (which may be sooner than you all think).
Cautious hooray... Only if it's up to actual premium class lounge levels

Is there a source for this (that you can share)? Or is it speculation?

Thanks!
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:46 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by purple1addict
Hooray!!! ^^^

Cautious hooray... Only if it's up to actual premium class lounge levels

Is there a source for this (that you can share)? Or is it speculation?

Thanks!
I have a source from within HIA, but not going to name for obvious reasons.

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.