Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

PC membership not shown on boarding pass for qmiles booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2016, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

I'm kicking my heels in Al Mourjan for a couple of hours between flights booked using qmiles, and happened to notice that my boarding pass doesn't show my PC membership number/details.

It's not something that makes the slightest bit of difference of course (other than not getting the "welcome back" greeting when I got on the last flight), and I'm noticing every trivial detail around me at the moment in an effort to stay awake, but wondered if and why that might be normal procedure?

(I appreciate that this may be a contender for trivial thread of the week)

Last edited by Johnnieboy; May 18, 2016 at 8:34 pm
Old May 18, 2016, 10:49 pm

Programs: QR Gold
Assuming it is a reward ticket you don't even have to worry about the miles not getting credited.
Old May 19, 2016, 2:58 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Same thing happened to me when I booked an awards flight. Rang QR & they added my PC number to the booking without a fuss.
Old May 19, 2016, 5:24 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
worth checking that miles get credited - I always check this and never had a problem with Qatar
Old May 19, 2016, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyyme
Assuming it is a reward ticket you don't even have to worry about the miles not getting credited.
As you say, they were deducting rather than adding for this one! Just seemed an odd but unimportant detail...
Old May 24, 2016, 3:47 am

Programs: QR Platinum
I have always had the same experience: my PC membership number never appears on boarding passes issued for award tickets. This despite the fact that is included in the bookings themselves and must be confirmed as part of the online check-in procedure.

Somewhat more importantly (although obviously the whole matter remains a trivial detail), cabin crew do not receive the membership information. On a segment I just completed a couple of hours ago (DOH-ADL) using an award ticket, one of the cabin attendants came around with a membership application form with the aim of persuading me to join the Privilege Club. She and her supervisor were quite annoyed to discover that in these cases at least the information they receive on passengers is incomplete.
Old May 24, 2016, 5:06 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Seems like yet another IT glitch on QR's systems - shocker. At least this one has little impact on the customer.

Originally Posted by amnicoll
worth checking that miles get credited - I always check this and never had a problem with Qatar
I think you might have misunderstood. OP refers to an award flight, so no miles to get credited.
Old May 24, 2016, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

I'm back in AM, taking the return leg of the same award flight. I asked the guy at LHR check-in if this was normal on miles bookings and he said it was, but quickly pressed a button and hey presto, new boarding pass with membership showing.

Makes no difference of course, other than being welcomed back on boarding this time...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.