Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Online checking doesn't provide a boarding pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2016, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Gold

About 2 weeks ago, QR's online checking stopped producing a usable boarding pass.

The PDF I now receive, reads as follows:

"Online check-in confirmation
You have successfully checked in your flight. This is not a boarding pass."
Old Apr 27, 2016, 11:57 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Sky Fly
About 2 weeks ago, QR's online checking stopped producing a usable boarding pass.

The PDF I now receive, reads as follows:

"Online check-in confirmation
You have successfully checked in your flight. This is not a boarding pass."
I always seem to get this from DEL. I don't know if it's airport dependent or perhaps an indication of a very full flight (as DEL is often packed).
Old Apr 28, 2016, 3:22 am

Did OLCI yesterday for a flight from MAD and that worked just fine producing a BP for the segment to DOH as well as the connecting flight
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
Yesterday I did OLCI for QR16 LHR-DOH and got the same PDF/message as the OP. This has never happened to me before. The J cabin was 100% full, so I figure this is the reason for the non-issuance of the BP perhaps?

Interestingly my connecting flight DOH-DAC, a PDF BP was generated. I am due to board in 90 minutes, but I noted whilst selecting my seat at OLCI, J class is pretty empty.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: QR Privilege Club Platinum, EK Skywards Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
I think it's because Indian airports do not allow online boarding passes. In fact even to get into the airport you need a print out of the eticket receipt - having it on your mobile isn't good enough. You then collect your boarding pass at check-in. It's a pain I know.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I think it's because Indian airports do not allow online boarding passes. In fact even to get into the airport you need a print out of the eticket receipt - having it on your mobile isn't good enough. You then collect your boarding pass at check-in. It's a pain I know.
Mixed bag on this in my experience.

I've had email boarding passes from Mumbai (BA international), Delhi (9W domestic), Bengalore (9W domestic), Chennai (6E domestic) and various others. Just not QR from Delhi!

Also at some airports mobile ticket or pass is now accepted (last time I left Mumbai there was a notice on the wall by the doors saying mobile ticket is allowed for entering airport) - but you're right that it's inconsistent and I expect every airport and airport employee has their own interpretation of the rules!

I agree - air travel in India is generally painful (or at best mildly frustrating!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.