Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why is QR 946 (DOH-SIN) is offten late?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Silver, TK Elite+, Accor Gold, Mariott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond and IHG Diamond Ambassador
Why is QR 946 (DOH-SIN) is offten late?

Soon I will be flying with Qatar A350 on flight between Doha and Singapore.
I am wondering why is flight QR 946 offten late, shedule deparutre is 2:25 am, but actual deparutre is mostly 3-4 am, sometimes even 6-8 am. Is there any known resasons for such a long delays?

At least I would have plenty of time to explore Business Class lounge, that is a good thing .
Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:35 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
A lot of the recent delays are because the aircraft operating the inbound QR945 then operates QR946, as I think QR is lacking enough A350s. QR945 is scheduled to arrive after QR946 is scheduled to depart, hence the delays.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 5:15 am

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by nux
A lot of the recent delays are because the aircraft operating the inbound QR945 then operates QR946, as I think QR is lacking enough A350s. QR945 is scheduled to arrive after QR946 is scheduled to depart, hence the delays.
Yes, you are correct.

Right now QR has 8 A350's. They currently fly to:

1. New York
2. Boston
3. Philidelphia
4. Singapore (x3)
5. Occasional FRA, MUC
6. DXB (x1)
7. RUH (x1)

If a plane goes tech, especially at No. 1-3, it will be difficult to maintain the schedule smoothly.

As soon as QR recieves more A350, which I hope they do, as ADL is scheduled to start in a week or so, things will be smoother.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I was on the 946 yesterday... they said it was due to the "late arrival of the inbound aircraft" (where have we heard that before?!) but the inbound aircraft was arriving from Singapore on time.

Rather, they just didn't have enough aircraft to run the schedule I'm guessing.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, EK Gold
Talking of QR946... please, tell me that the flying QR is not always like this. Been very loyal to EK over the years but need to change, not at the least to avoid transitting in the overgrown DXB.

Until DOH everything went OK. I mean, I was flying from RUH so anything is better. Was flying J on QR946 on Wed morning Apr 20, supposed to board at 01:40 but the flight was delayed until 06:15. Note to self: next time, check the flight before checking out of the transit hotel.

Then the boarding - already late - consisted of waiting in the bus, crawling to the plane at a snail pace and a lot more waiting in the bus. Once in the plane, the food selection was awful, just some very uninspiring (took me a long time to come up with a polite word here) breakfasts and 'light snacks' so one went hungry for the flight or was powered by break baskets. The in-flight entertainment system kept resetting itself frequently and as soon as after massive complications I managed to top up the WiFi subscription the whole wifi died. I understand that this is not a QR issue but over certain air spaces it's just not available, but by the time it went alive again just before Singapore there was no sight of my subscription - I had only used 0.5M. And let's not get stated on all the nuisances like window shades not working properly, etc.

Luckily the PA was not working so I was saved from the football themed safety video. Note to QR: you are not NZ. The hobbit thingie was cute and clever, this football stuff is just forced and stupid. And confusing. And waaaaaaay too long.

Just overall, this was one truly miserable flight. Please, tell me that it's not always like this with QR.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 4:47 am

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
I see they subbed in a 777 this morning, presumably in desperation to operate on time/at all!
Old Apr 22, 2016, 7:48 pm

Programs: QR Plat
...and I noticed this thread moment after booking a ticket with 946 on it.

Luckily I got hit by other issues inbound on a 787, so I got forked over in other ways, but luckily I have a boarding pass in hand now to my next destination.

-A
Old Apr 22, 2016, 9:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SingaporeJoe
Talking of QR946... please, tell me that the flying QR is not always like this. Been very loyal to EK over the years but need to change, not at the least to avoid transitting in the overgrown DXB.

Until DOH everything went OK. I mean, I was flying from RUH so anything is better. Was flying J on QR946 on Wed morning Apr 20, supposed to board at 01:40 but the flight was delayed until 06:15. Note to self: next time, check the flight before checking out of the transit hotel.

Then the boarding - already late - consisted of waiting in the bus, crawling to the plane at a snail pace and a lot more waiting in the bus. Once in the plane, the food selection was awful, just some very uninspiring (took me a long time to come up with a polite word here) breakfasts and 'light snacks' so one went hungry for the flight or was powered by break baskets. The in-flight entertainment system kept resetting itself frequently and as soon as after massive complications I managed to top up the WiFi subscription the whole wifi died. I understand that this is not a QR issue but over certain air spaces it's just not available, but by the time it went alive again just before Singapore there was no sight of my subscription - I had only used 0.5M. And let's not get stated on all the nuisances like window shades not working properly, etc.

Luckily the PA was not working so I was saved from the football themed safety video. Note to QR: you are not NZ. The hobbit thingie was cute and clever, this football stuff is just forced and stupid. And confusing. And waaaaaaay too long.

Just overall, this was one truly miserable flight. Please, tell me that it's not always like this with QR.
Seems we were on the same flight. I assume you were in J, the experience in Y wasn't that bad; the food and crew were fine. The IFE was a little patchy but seemed okay after they reset it, but I noticed they reset it again later. The Y load was very low so I was able to sleep across 3 seats.

Agreed on the safety video.. was quite pleased when they did the manual one.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Silver, TK Elite+, Accor Gold, Mariott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond and IHG Diamond Ambassador
I see that Wednesday QR946 was not one of the best Qatar flights.

I do hope that tonights QR946 will depart on time. Because I am on it.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by SingaporeJoe

Was on the 946 the day before you, and is was the same insane delay then! I am still so @$#☆●☆ that I will hold my tongue.... And a colleague was on 946 on sunday, and departure was delayed to after 08 in the morning!

Last edited by RUN4FUN; Apr 23, 2016 at 7:20 pm
Old Apr 23, 2016, 7:17 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Schwann
Seems we were on the same flight. I assume you were in J, the experience in Y wasn't that bad; the food and crew were fine. The IFE was a little patchy but seemed okay after they reset it, but I noticed they reset it again later. The Y load was very low so I was able to sleep across 3 seats.

Agreed on the safety video.. was quite pleased when they did the manual one.
Yes, was in J. Technically in I but that's close enough. I guess it's back to EK for me the next time until the teething problems with A350 are sorted out.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:34 am

i think the problems are still the same. plane was three hours late today.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by herbse
i think the problems are still the same. plane was three hours late today.
How do the other SIN flights do? I'm on the 8:00 pm departure from DOH, and the 1:30 am departure from SIN.

Is QR supposed to get more A350's soon?
Old Apr 2, 2017, 8:28 am

Any issues with the QR947 from SIN to DOH?
Old Apr 2, 2017, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Momonono
Any issues with the QR947 from SIN to DOH?
I flew QR947 about 3 weeks ago. Left on time. Arrived early. Not sure if that's the norm, or whether I was just lucky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.