Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Paris lounge --

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2016, 8:26 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
When will people learn. When they say "October" or "Xmas" they are very careful not to say which year. On my last CDG departure, I asked the check-in lady and, after a lot of hesitation, she said "maybe by the end of the year". When I asked her which year, she did not respond.

Slightly OT but I have found a lounge that rivals Salon Galaxy for worst premium class lounge. Last week I flew Oman Air out of MUC and the Atlantic Lounge is an utter disgrace. Packed with people due to the number of airlines it caters for. The drinks and food offerings are more or less the same as at Salon Galaxy - very, very basic.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Hi there,

I arrive at Terminal 2 by AA and then connect to QR. Can I use the AA/CX lounge in 2-A first and then go to terminal 1 to catch my flight for QR ? I have 3 hours of transit time between flight....Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:43 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by flyalways
Hi there,

I arrive at Terminal 2 by AA and then connect to QR. Can I use the AA/CX lounge in 2-A first and then go to terminal 1 to catch my flight for QR ? I have 3 hours of transit time between flight....Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately you cannot, as the AA Lounge is airside in T2A, and to reach T1 will take you around 1 hour - longer if you have bags you need to recheck.

M

Last edited by msm2000uk; Jan 10, 2017 at 9:44 am
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Unfortunately you cannot, as the AA Lounge is landside in T2A, and to reach T1 will take you around 1 hour - longer if you have bags you need to recheck.

M
AA and CX lounges are airside as far as I know..am I wrong ? My luggage
is tagged from JFK to DOH. All I want to know is if they will allow me to
get into Terminal 2-A airside to go to the lounge...

Thanks.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by flyalways
AA and CX lounges are airside as far as I know..am I wrong ? My luggage
is tagged from JFK to DOH. All I want to know is if they will allow me to
get into Terminal 2-A airside to go to the lounge...

Thanks.
Sorry, my error - blame jetlag!

The AA Lounge is indeed airside, directly opposite you when you exit the duty-free shopping area after security.

It is very unlikely that you'll be granted access to the lounges in T2A, as it is a lengthy journey to reach T1.

Might I ask why you would rather visit the AA Lounge, opposed to the QR Lounge?

M
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:13 am

Sorry, my error - blame jetlag!

The AA Lounge is indeed airside, directly opposite you when you exit the duty-free shopping area after security.

It is very unlikely that you'll be granted access to the lounges in T2A, as it is a lengthy journey to reach T1.

Might I ask why you would rather visit the AA Lounge, opposed to the QR Lounge?

M
Not any more :-) I noticed that the new QR lounge is open and looks
much better than the contract lounge they were using before !

Thanks for your response.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Status pax flying Y moved to ICARE lounge

What could be worst than Galaxy Lounge ? ICARE look lounge is wider, with more modern design, a bit better choice of food (not that much), but the choice of wine is inexistant : when I was there on Sunday early afternoon, they only had white Tariquet wine, which is good, but no red wine (the bordeaux red wine at Galaxy lounge was always a very good one) and no champagne !
With the opening of QR lounge for premium tickets holders only, Y status travelers are left with a big disappointment at CDG.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4
What could be worst than Galaxy Lounge ? ICARE look lounge is wider, with more modern design, a bit better choice of food (not that much), but the choice of wine is inexistant : when I was there on Sunday early afternoon, they only had white Tariquet wine, which is good, but no red wine (the bordeaux red wine at Galaxy lounge was always a very good one) and no champagne !
With the opening of QR lounge for premium tickets holders only, Y status travelers are left with a big disappointment at CDG.
Regrettably, but not surprisingly, the QR model is to focus on Premium Passengers opposed to loyal passengers in Y.

M
Old Jan 21, 2017, 8:28 am

Regrettably, but not surprisingly, the QR model is to focus on Premium Passengers opposed to loyal passengers in Y.

M
The lounge is very nice ! Good showers, relaxed atmosphere, attentive service.
Hot Breakfast options were limited but they do make eggs on order. Much
better option if you are flying QR J/F. OW elites do not have access and that
is a shame :-(
Old Jan 21, 2017, 2:42 pm

flyalways according to http://www.qatarairways.com/english_...ease_loungecdg OW F and J passengers have access but not status members
"At more than 1000 square metres, the Qatar Airways Premium Lounge at Paris-Charles de Gaulle offers Qatar Airways First and Business Class passengers, inclusive of oneworld members, a sophisticated, modern and spacious environment in which to relax and commence their five star journey experience." (My bold)
Old Jan 21, 2017, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by remdk
flyalways according to http://www.qatarairways.com/english_...ease_loungecdg OW F and J passengers have access but not status members
"At more than 1000 square metres, the Qatar Airways Premium Lounge at Paris-Charles de Gaulle offers Qatar Airways First and Business Class passengers, inclusive of oneworld members, a sophisticated, modern and spacious environment in which to relax and commence their five star journey experience." (My bold)
I was specifically talking about OW elites flying economy on QR and they
can not use this lounge. Yes...All OW elite flying J/F on any OW flight may
have access. So Srilankan, Malaysian, Latam J/F passengers also may be able to use
this lounge. (Corrected from previous post)
F.A.

Last edited by flyalways; Jan 21, 2017 at 5:30 pm
Old Aug 14, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Access on award ticket in J/F?

Has anyone got experience with trying to access this premium lounge on an award J/F flight? Previously I was told on another forum that it is meant only for revenue passengers in J/F. Thanks.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 5:56 am

lifeonthego_k QR have been changing the access rules for QRs outstation lounges and I think that all QR lounges outside of DOH now only admit premium revenue ticket holders.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / LH Senator / KL Gold / QR Gold
remdk Is a ticket in J that has been upgraded from Y also considered a premium revenue ticket? Or only tickets that have been booked in paid business class (booking class R or higher) ?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k
Has anyone got experience with trying to access this premium lounge on an award J/F flight? Previously I was told on another forum that it is meant only for revenue passengers in J/F. Thanks.
I was in there last month travelling on an F ticket paid for fully with qmiles. I was also granted access to Al Safwa on the same ticket.

I seem to remember once hearing that op-ups at the airport might not be granted access to lounges, but that may have been a different airline...

Last edited by Johnnieboy; Aug 14, 2017 at 7:56 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.