Search

Most fun US->DOH->??? ideas?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2016, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Most fun US->DOH->??? ideas?

A fun little "what would you do?"

Background: I had a flight from the US to the Middle East booked in J, but had to cancel due to a conflict. I find myself with a credit for around $4k, and I'm trying to come up with a clever use for it sometime in the next 10 months or so.

Example: I'm interested in going to Brazil over this summer (though the Zika virus is concerning), but while it's possible to fly DOH-GRU, it doesn't appear to be possible to fly USA-DOH-GRU. (I admit that this is a rather ridiculous routing, but hey, it's money I've already spent.)

This would be my first experience with Qatar. I'm curious to hear ideas on a good way to use my credit, Brazil or otherwise.

*Edit* To clarify, I'm bummed about the cancelation of my original trip, and trying to make the best of the situation.

Last edited by austinomnivore; Feb 3, 2016 at 7:59 pm Reason: Clarity/not sounding like a douche
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Any reason you feel you can't take a trip to the Middle East on different dates? You said you are bummed about cancelling. If it were me I would just reschedule.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
In the absence of any rational argument, my heart says go to Oman. Beautiful country and the friendliest people.

You won't get a through fare US to S America, but that figure might buy you two separate economy class tickets.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:53 pm

Kenya. US-DOH-NBO. We have amazing amazing places. For one you will have to visit the Mara and I recommend either Mara Kempinski or Mara Serena and second Watamu beach. If you don't fall in love with Kenya during your trip change my name to dodo monkey. Also, you dont need to hassle about to get a visa. Easy peasy visa on arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.