Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar Airways A330-300 Doha-Manchester/Manchester-Doha

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Airways A330-300 Doha-Manchester/Manchester-Doha

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fionarobbo
Hanah
I flew out of Manchester on the 07.55 from Manchester and as per usual it was an old 330, in fact it was so old I'm sure if had chrome bumpers! When the FA asked if I was familiar with the seat controls, I told her I used them maybe 10 years ago and was disappointed that the Manchester pax were getting a bum deal. It was a full flight and I got served with a drink as we were pushing back off stand. Not the best flight I'm afraid.
In contrast I flew Doha - Kuala Lumpur on the 787, and boy what a difference, I'm going to contact Qatar and ask how they can sell the Man Doha as a full business service, there is no comparison with regard to the aircraft type.
I think you may be lucky and by April/May they will have upgraded all the Man Doha flights
Fingers crossed!
Hi Fionarobbo, thank you so much for your update. I'm so sorry you were on the old 330 (lol re. chrome bumpers!). It doesn't seem fair at all and you're right to complain. I think I just got lucky with a 777 to and from Manchester in December/January. Comparing the old 330 to the 787 is chalk and cheese - I was on the Dreamliner when I travelled from/to Cape Town - Doha and personally I thought it was better than even the Emirates A380 which I didn't think could be topped. Let's hope all the planes are upgraded soon. I'll let you know when I travel in May. Thanks once again for the update - I really appreciate it.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:49 pm

In January TWO rotations DOH-MAN-DOH were serviced by a sloped seat A332. On the other hand the route was serviced 6 times by a B787.

Already in February it has been serviced by the 3 class, sloped seat A333 aircraft.

The reason for this mix of aircraft types is almost certainly a lack of suitable aircraft. (Suitable in range and/or capacity.) QR has an excess of shorter range, low capacity narrow bodied aircraft but not enough of the larger wide bodied aircraft.

QR is not entirely to blame since there are delays in deliveries of new aircraft form both Airbus and Boeing.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 4:36 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
I have flown both (I think) in the last couple of months (Manchester to Bangkok) and they both had flat beds .

the main difference was that on the A330 you are "trapped" if you have the window seat whereas on the other there was still room to get past the sleeping neighbor as there is less space.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 5:17 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Whats the current situation at Manchester for lounge access? I believe Qatar normally uses the Escape lounge in T2 but that it's closed for refurbishment. Got a flight out on the 31st March late in the evening - cross my fingers the Escape lounge might be reopened by then?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 5:44 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Unfortunately I have a flight on the 9th and I am less than impressed
Old Mar 2, 2016, 10:51 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by gazoakley
Whats the current situation at Manchester for lounge access? I believe Qatar normally uses the Escape lounge in T2 but that it's closed for refurbishment. Got a flight out on the 31st March late in the evening - cross my fingers the Escape lounge might be reopened by then?
There was a recent thread about the lounge at MAN. However, I can't now find it, so it looks like it's been removed (or moved).

Anyway, I believe it's due to to re-open in April. In the meantime, QR are giving out a voucher. There is also the option of the Aspire lounge if you have a Priority Pass, but that may be turning people away.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 8:35 pm

Programs: QR Gold
DYKWIA is correct - no lounge at the moment (i flew on Sunday from MAN) - a voucher for £12.50 or £12.75 from memory valid at two places. I use the swissport lounge, i told the QR checkin staff I had a Priority Pass - they very nicely phoned ahead to ensure they had space which was nice of them!

The lounge is due to open in April.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 12:32 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
There was a recent thread about the lounge at MAN. However, I can't now find it, so it looks like it's been removed (or moved).

Anyway, I believe it's due to to re-open in April. In the meantime, QR are giving out a voucher. There is also the option of the Aspire lounge if you have a Priority Pass, but that may be turning people away.
Moved into the Outstations Lounge thread, in an effort to encourage FTers to post in the larger threads, and make searching more effective.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Moved into the Outstations Lounge thread, in an effort to encourage FTers to post in the larger threads, and make searching more effective.
Looks like it got lost, it's not in that thread anywhere.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:20 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by cundall
DYKWIA is correct - no lounge at the moment (i flew on Sunday from MAN) - a voucher for £12.50 or £12.75 from memory valid at two places. I use the swissport lounge, i told the QR checkin staff I had a Priority Pass - they very nicely phoned ahead to ensure they had space which was nice of them!

The lounge is due to open in April.
Just my luck - the Swissport lounge closes at 6pm. This isn't a great start to my first flight with QA
Old Mar 5, 2016, 10:48 am

Shamelessly copied from pprune :-

QR still juggling equipment on our flights. For the month of April the early morning flights are all 788s, the lunchtime flights are 77Ws and the evening flights a mix of A332/A333.
B77W on QR45/46 until at least end of May, possibly until September at earliest too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.