Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Handicap facilities at HIA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Handicap facilities at HIA

Recently I had to fly home from HKG to CPH with a very painful infection in my foot and lower leg. I could only, very painfully, walk a few steps so I requested wheelchair assistance from gate to gate.

Upon arrival at DOH I was met at the aircraft door by a wheelchair and transported to a buggy that drove us to the Al Mourjan bypassing security then again a wheel chair up to the lounge until I was safely seated. The attendant promised to collect me at a certain time and he was there exactly on time. Things then happened in reverse order.

Whilst it is slightly OT I must mention an incident where two Arabic/English speaking girls stopped the buggy and DEMANDED to be taken to Gate C11 just 200m away. One threw her shopping bags into the buggy beside me hitting my very clearly bandaged foot and leg and just climbed into the buggy. The other climbed in beside me and decided that there was not enough room for her and just shoved me across the seat causing my bad leg to again collide painfully with the others shopping. I could go on but I will end up indirectly and unintentionally insulting some of the members of this forum and I do not wish to do that.

I am full of praise for the people who helped through this transfer. They did their very best to ensure my comfort. A big thank you to them for the caring and sympathetic way they eased me through the transfer.

At the bus gate D20 there was no wheelchair ramp! A ultra modern airport without wheelchair ramps???

That was my experience what have others experienced?
Traveller999 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.