Search

Doha Airport Hotel (Airside)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Silver, BA Silver, EY Silver, GHA Platinum
Smile Doha Airport Hotel (Airside)

Hello Everyone,

I will be flying OSL>DOH>BKK return with a nasty 9h layover in Doha on my return leg. Since we are flying J QR offered us a free hotel outside of the airport but it doesn't seem to make much sense loosing all that time transiting to and from. I looked into the greatly overpriced hotel in the terminal and I think that will my best bet for this overnight stay. Having said that my husband and I will be travelling together and I am a bit apprehensive about reserving one bed for us. It might be all media hype but I heard that Qatar isn't the worlds friendliest place for LGBTI travellers. I am reaching out to our community to see if anyone else had used this hotel and if they had any trouble doing so. I would greatly appreciate any help!
Old Nov 24, 2015, 6:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MILLEMIGLIA Freccia Alata, M&M Blue
Maybe you could ask for two rooms since you should be entitled to two rooms for free and then use just one.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sebanto2001
Maybe you could ask for two rooms since you should be entitled to two rooms for free and then use just one.
It sounds like the OP is planning to pay for the airside hotel instead of using the free one from QR, so getting two rooms would require paying for both.

Unfortunately I don't have any helpful advice to offer (other than to reserve a twin bed room), but I don't think your apprehension is misplaced given the anti-LGBT laws in Qatar. Hopefully someone else can share specific experience.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
Rather than reserve an overpriced room you could spend a good few hours in the quiet area where passengers can lie down on a couch / bed. They are semi private suites and located near the deli. They are allocated on a first come first serve basis. I only realised they existed on my most recent (4th visit) to the lounge and bumped into the area when looking for the shower room.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 9:47 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
I have stayed a couple of time, all be it with my wife. Staff are very nice and friendly. You can always books one standard room. Turn up and see how it goes, if they say anything always just play the card it was meant to be booked as twin room etc etc
Other option is just to use lounge as other said, and also you can pay to use the pool which is rather nice

Last edited by gav0106; Nov 24, 2015 at 10:14 am
Old Nov 24, 2015, 9:50 am
Suspended

I don't think the underpaid south asians or filipinos (maybe a European supervisor) manning the desks will care at all
Old Nov 24, 2015, 10:21 am

Might be worth it to try the STPC desk and asking. I was flying on a cheap economy fare with a 9 hour layover and they put me up in the airport hotel for free. I was also offered the option of staying in a hotel in the city.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Whenever we have more then 6 hours layover in DOH we stay at the airport hotel. Ive never had any issues with staying at the airport hotel as a gay couple. We normally get a King room. Sometimes 2 twins if the King is not available . I wouldn't stress over it that much. I rather pay for the convenience then having dealing with attitudes outside of the airport.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:12 am

Has anyone been booked to the airport hotel as part of pre-arranged STPC?
Old Jan 16, 2016, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
Airport Hotel VS STPC hotel in Doha

Post deleted: I am booked in the airport hotel airside as stated in my STPC....
sorry

Last edited by 2old4coach; Jan 16, 2016 at 12:48 pm Reason: I am booked in the airport hotel airside

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.