Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Hi from the new QR Ambassador - Time for a forum tidy-up

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2015, 8:10 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Fair enough!

But to give yourself a more rounded view of QR, I urge you to take your next trip in economy-class
I don't need to - I'll simply read your upcoming Trip Report in Y
Old Oct 25, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I don't need to - I'll simply read your upcoming Trip Report in Y
The things I do for FT
Old Nov 2, 2015, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DreamTrip
Congrats msm2000uk for becoming ambassador for the QR forum.
+1

Well done Mr Ambassador

Don't forget to bring chocolates to your next do or people will get very upset with you for some reason.

Now sit back and wait for the 100+ PMs from people who think you work for QR
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Calchas
+1

Well done Mr Ambassador

Don't forget to bring chocolates to your next do or people will get very upset with you for some reason.

Thanks Calchas.

I contemplated the PMs I may receive from people, and then decided it might just be easier to send my CV to QR .

I'd love to organise a DO for the QR Forum, but it would probably have to be in BKK...as there aren't that many FTers on here who are based in DOH (rather ironically)!
Old Nov 2, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others

I'd love to organise a DO for the QR Forum, but it would probably have to be in BKK...as there aren't that many FTers on here who are based in DOH (rather ironically)!
Give sufficient advance warning and we could have an FT 'do' in Al Safwa lounge. Now that would be the most upmarket FT 'do' ever!
Old Nov 2, 2015, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Give sufficient advance warning and we could have an FT 'do' in Al Safwa lounge. Now that would be the most upmarket FT 'do' ever!
That's a brilliant idea!

I'll send a poll of some dates out over the next couple of weeks - I wonder if QR would send someone along too to say HI...followed swiftly by 'Stop drinking all of our alcohol!'
Old Nov 2, 2015, 9:22 pm

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
That's a brilliant idea!

I'll send a poll of some dates out over the next couple of weeks - I wonder if QR would send someone along too to say HI...followed swiftly by 'Stop drinking all of our alcohol!'
Food for thought !

Not being one for letting grass grow under my feet, I can make Friday arvo/evening work for the 12th August.

Last edited by in2it54; Nov 2, 2015 at 9:35 pm
Old Nov 3, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calchas

+1

Well done Mr Ambassador

Thanks Calchas.

I contemplated the PMs I may receive from people, and then decided it might just be easier to send my CV to QR .

I think you may be surprised!
Old Nov 3, 2015, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
That's a brilliant idea!

Not so sure of the brilliance, though I applaud PtF's enthusiasm

"DOs" are fun, generate face-to-face meetings among a range of FT contributors: they work by being inclusive rather than exclusive.

By all means arrange ad hoc meetings where you will with whomever you wish, but please don't organise an FT "do" in an uber-first-class lounge.

I'm crawling off my third (in a series of four) economy-class flights at 05:30 on Friday, when I'll head for the First-Class (sic) lounge. I issue that as warning rather than an invitation - I can't believe that I'll be good company at that hour and in that situation
Old Nov 3, 2015, 6:08 pm

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
Originally Posted by IAN-UK;25659148"DOs" are fun, generate face-to-face meetings among a range of FT contributors: they work by being inclusive rather than exclusive.

By all means arrange [I
ad hoc[/I] meetings where you will with whomever you wish, but please don't organise an FT "do" in an uber-first-class lounge.
You do raise a point, that on reflection, I'm forced to agree with.
A lounge where not even a plastic card can get you in - a F Boarding Pass being the only means of entry, is rather exclusive.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 6:12 pm

Programs: The Embassy
+1 for holding it in Bangkok...
Old Nov 3, 2015, 9:38 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, EK-Silver, SV-Gold
Minus 1 for BKK.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 1:29 am

Programs: QR Gold
Congrats msm2000uk, Mr. Ambassador!

I will be happy to help you with this forum; as I am based here in Doha, within 1 mile of DOH. I used to live literally 300 meters from the runway; but Im glad the new airport is a bit further away.

I would love to get involved; please tell me if I can or what I can do!

Cheers!
Old Nov 4, 2015, 4:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by IAN-UK

Not so sure of the brilliance, though I applaud PtF's enthusiasm

"DOs" are fun, generate face-to-face meetings among a range of FT contributors: they work by being inclusive rather than exclusive.

By all means arrange ad hoc meetings where you will with whomever you wish, but please don't organise an FT "do" in an uber-first-class lounge.
If the intended humorous nature of my post wasn't sufficiently obvious, I apologise. It was made as a direct response to msm2000uk's comment about the lack of DOH-based FTers.

The chances of getting more than two or three FTers - let alone a more substantial group - to fly F out of DOH at around the same time are pretty slim.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

For those who I haven't 'virtually' spoken to, I'm Max and I'm the new QR Forum Ambassador.

I travel fairly regularly on QR, and have moved a significant level of expenditure over to QR from BA. While I tend to travel in F (where available), I am also quite willing to slum it down in J . I am planning a Y trip based on a suggestion from one of the QR Forum regulars - which should then provide me with a well rounded view of QR on-board!

However, this post is more than a chance for me to introduce myself.

The QR Forum, since I started posting within, has grown and grown. More and more people are frequenting the forum, and quite a few of the 'newbies' who post in the Forum, do not take the time to look through it properly, prior to posting their query.

I would like to change that.

The BA Forum is one of the more heavily frequented on FT, and I see no reason not to take advantage of that fact.

While the BA Forum is not perfect, it is quite well policed (in terms of the Mods), and reasonably easy to find an answer to a basic query. The QR Forum however, is not.

We see multiple posts, on a weekly basis, asking the same question - and it frustrates me.

I would like to tidy up the QR Forum, but I can only do it with your help. If you would like to become more involved in the QR Forum, please do PM me and I will see what I can do. There may not be the need for additional Ambassadors at the moment, but there certainly will be in the near-future.

By way of an example, I would like to add a few more WIKI's and Sticky's to the forum, specifically regarding the QR Fleet and QR Seating options. While the existing QR Fleet thread is very good, and a massive thanks to those who update it, I think it could be aided with pictures of what passengers (or whatever QR decide to call us) can expect on-board.

I am just one person, and so I would like to take the opportunity to reach out to the regulars on this forum who have done such a good job in the past.

So, QR Forum posters:

1) What new WIKI's and Sticky's would you like to see?
2) What can I do to make the QR Forum a more helpful and better laid out place?

I hope to meet as many of you as possible in the future, and indeed a DO is in my list of things to make happen - but one step at a time.

Thanks all,

Max

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.