Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Inaugural Flight to LA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2015, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Qatar Inaugural Flight to LA

On my way back from Asia, I am thinking of changing my routing a bit (a little extra in terms of $) to be on the QR Inaugural flight from Doha to LA (my itinerary is in business). Any body else has any experience taking such flights? Is it worth the extra effort? Thanks
Old Oct 6, 2015, 2:22 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
execplataa, welcome to FlyerTalk!

Are you referring to QR's flights, or to inaugural flights by any long-haul airline?
Old Oct 6, 2015, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
execplataa, welcome to FlyerTalk!

Are you referring to QR's flights, or to inaugural flights by any long-haul airline?
Thanks for the welcome! QR experience would be awesome, but any other would be great too.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 3:46 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Thanks for the reply. In view of your interest in QR's service, let me move this to the dedicated forum on QR where you're likely to get many more opinions. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 5:10 pm

I was on an inaugural QR flight once. They had some live music, drinks, snacks and a photographer at the gate an hour or two before departure. On board in Business everyone got a goody bag with a certificate (not personalised), some lotions etc, and a QR branded set of various computer plug in adapters and gadgets (eg USB light, mouse etc). Nice

Otherwise it seemed like service as usual up front. Can't speak for what went on behind the curtain...

Last edited by Johnnieboy; Oct 6, 2015 at 5:17 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.