Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Lounge - Copenhagen. DREADFUL !

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2015, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Angry Business Lounge - Copenhagen. DREADFUL !

The Qatar business lounge at Copenhagan is in The Aspire Lounge. A non-air conditioned curtained off dump at the end of an unpleasant area.

The food consisted of a couple of slices of cheese and cold meats and a type of potato salad. All looking as if it had been there all day - this was 19.00 hrs.

The only wine was one awful white.

The whole experience was unbelievably grotty and we turned around and went down to the main concourse until our flight to Phuket was announced.

We will not even bother on our return trip.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 2:43 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I suppose you can't have everything when the flights are relatively inexpensive compared to SAS/BA.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 9:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Are you sure you were on a QR flight and not a TUI Fly?

There are no direct flights to Phuket on QR from CPH.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 9:41 am

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by DreamTrip
Are you sure you were on a QR flight and not a TUI Fly?

There are no direct flights to Phuket on QR from CPH.
There are no direct QR flights to anywhere, from anywhere, aside from Doha.

The OPs flights were CPH-DOH-HKT
Old Sep 2, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: Some
QR does have a pretty depressing selection on lounges at outstations - just be thankful you haven't paid for a F ticket from Paris! That must be a real shock if you're expecting the standard of Al Mourjan etc.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
QR does have a pretty depressing selection on lounges at outstations - just be thankful you haven't paid for a F ticket from Paris! That must be a real shock if you're expecting the standard of Al Mourjan etc.
I fly monthly from CDG in F...the Lounge is an experience (especially the VIP section)!
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:35 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I fly monthly from CDG in F...the Lounge is an experience (especially the VIP section)!
I hear it's not even a lounge, just a room with chairs that makes you want to cringe as you make 2 min noodles.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by jubbing
I hear it's not even a lounge, just a room with chairs that makes you want to cringe as you make 2 min noodles.
True, but there is a SELECTION of instant noodles...classy!
Old Sep 3, 2015, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Question

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
There are no direct QR flights to anywhere, from anywhere, aside from Doha.

The OPs flights were CPH-DOH-HKT
Exactly ! The flights were excellent.

We have flown with Qatar since the airport at Doha was just a shack and
have never come up against a lounge like it. 5 star experience, I think not.

I refuse to believe that there is any excuse for lack of cleanliness nor that excuses can be made for an outstation in a first world country.

There is another lounge that we were originally directed to, the Aviator, which looked much better. However we were turned away to the Aspire, which had Qatar overpasted onto their sign, next to Aeroflot !
Old Sep 3, 2015, 9:25 pm

Unfortunately there's not much QR can do when ALL the lounges at CPH are pretty lacklustre. It's not like they're just being cheap. There is no alternative.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by phol
Unfortunately there's not much QR can do when ALL the lounges at CPH are pretty lacklustre. It's not like they're just being cheap. There is no alternative.
But there is.

The Aviator lounge !
Old Sep 4, 2015, 12:29 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Pfm46
But there is.

The Aviator lounge !
It is not significantly better. Even CPH Apartment (i.e. premium part of the Aviator lounge) is not much better (but apron view is a plus...).
Old Sep 4, 2015, 11:22 pm

Programs: QF, FI, BA, HHonors & Le Club Accorhotels
it has to be said the Aspire lounges in general have no consistency in quality, for example Aspire in T1 in Manchester is fairly ok but nothing special unless you want a gut full but T3 Manchester is disgusting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.