Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Food Offerings / Meal Times at DOH Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)

I am considering flying paid J on QR via DOH.

Can anyone tell me if the food offered in the lounge at DOH varies throughout the day (eg. breakfast, lunch, dinner)? Do they have set hours for different food offerings?

As I am not a fan of eggs and breakfast food, I might have to consider a later flight if all I can get is breakfast in the morning. I am one of those people who don't eat breakfast and only eat two meals a day (lunch and dinner).
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:33 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
If you are not a breakfast fan, then I would avoid morning transfers through DOH. It would mean breakfast on your flight prior to landing, breakfast at the lounge and then breakfast on your next flight.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 1:22 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica
If you are not a breakfast fan, then I would avoid morning transfers through DOH. It would mean breakfast on your flight prior to landing, breakfast at the lounge and then breakfast on your next flight.
To be fair, in the deli you would be at least able to get some cold cuts, salmon, salad and bread for something egg-less. (either on a platter, or in sandwich form). I actually much prefer the deli to the upstairs dining area.

But true, food on flights will be mainly breakfast oriented. There should be non-breakfast choices, but not many. However, if you do end up on a flight with mainly breakfast choices and an "indulgence" service later on, remember that it is dine on demand and that you can order ANYTHING at ANY TIME. So do not hesitate to go "off script" and order whatever you like from the indulgence part, even though all the other passengers are mainly doing breakfast.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 11:45 am

Bulk of the transit hours in DOH would be midnight and early morning. In Al Mourjan which you can access with a J ticket, you have two dining options. The restaurant/buffet style and the deli section where you can order salad or sandwich. Beverage selection is quite adequate.

Maybe if business class lounge food is a big consideration for you, maybe consider TK?
Old Jul 31, 2015, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by daniellam
As I am not a fan of eggs and breakfast food, I might have to consider a later flight if all I can get is breakfast in the morning. I am one of those people who don't eat breakfast and only eat two meals a day (lunch and dinner).
If you only eat two meals a day, then what they serve in the morning is irrelevant, no? For someone who eats infrequently, you seem unaccountably concerned about what food is available.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Jul 31, 2015 at 12:13 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.